General Alarm went off after unlocking doors?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Pilot, Tuesday 29th Jan, 2019.

1. Pilot Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Daniel London
    So a funny one, it was cold morning i unlocked my car and the alarm just went off and kept going non stop. I pressed every key on the fob to unlock and relock car it did not react to alarm but doors kept locking and unlocking no problem, i decided to just drive off to not p off the neighbours this early and i was basically driving with alarm activated to work, once i lock the car the alarm stops after a minute and is fine but as soon as i unlock it goes off again, sometimes it stops for 5 seconds then it goes off again...any clues? Embarrassing to drive home like this lol.

2. JapCar Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Bristol
    Replace the alarm battery. (95%)

3. Pilot Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hmm that sounds a bit difficult looking at the guide :/

4. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    It's not too bad, you must have a friend that's handy with electronics?

5. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom saj east london
    Alarm siren battery you can disconnect while you order

6. Pilot Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ok thanks ripped apart side panels in the boot, unscrewed 2 bolts and disconnected the alarm. Seems easy, but is something like this meant to drain or? My battery is fairly new and my alarm barely ever goes off, maybe once a year? Not sure if there is an issue somewhere else or just the alarm battery.

7. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom saj east london
    Replace alarm battery they are nicd and once they discharge deep don't recover too well.

8. Pilot Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Still haven't got to deal with it, just wondering wouldn't it be just easier for me to buy used or new alarm siren? Used ones on ebay are like £20 quid and replace it with mine? At the moment I just completely disconnected mine but there is still the red light DOT on my dash flashing at random times as I start driving as if something is still wrong with alarm even though my alarm is disconnected? Not sure if there is problem elsewhere.

9. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

The alarm battery is simple to replace. It costs about £23-26 depending on the mah rating of the replacement you get, simply unscrew the siren, unplug the battery pack, clip 2 cable ties holding it place, swap it over cable tie it in place and put it all back together.

Then when you plug it back in, the alarm will start going off... So close all of the doors, boot and lock unlock the car with the remote a few times... Then get in start the engine and leave it for about 20-30 secs... Meanwhile the alarm will keep stopping and starting. Start it again then get out and lock/unlock/lock the car a few more times. When the alarm next stops it should stay off.

Then leave the car alone for a couple of hrs to allow the new battery pack in the siren to fully charge up.

The whole resetting process varies from one car to another it seems... some have it work first time, I had to do it at least twice... Err on the side of caution and lock/unlock quite a few times and start/stop at least twice.

I bought my replacement from here Home page
    - - - Updated - - -
    Not any more, you can buy the exact part from Home page that's simply plug and play...

10. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    That's great :Thumbup: