General Airbag wiring diagram CR-V 2014 2.2i-dtec 4th Generation help please

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Martin78, Wednesday 17th Jul, 2019.

1. Martin78 New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Martin Bedford
    Hi everyone. Could anyone help with airbag wiring diagram please? Need from airbag ECU to driver airbag. Car was involved in an accident so driver and passenger airbags both deployed, changed both and had a reset on airbag ECU but showing open circuit driver second inflator. Clock spring is fine so its either wiring fault or connector plug or ECU is damaged. Thanks for your help

2. cat-guy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

cat-guy United Kingdom
    Have you checked your front / side impact (crash) sensors

3. Martin78 New Member Getting Started

Hi cat-guy. Thank you for your message. They don't show any faults. Inflator 2 is fine only inflator one is showing open circuit. If the front crash sensor was faulty wouldn't that affect both inflators and not just one then? Thanks

4. cat-guy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

cat-guy United Kingdom
    Martin been trying for half an hour to send you a pdf document but the site is playing up- So I think I've sent it via the forum message system!!! hope it worked, let me know.

5. Martin78 New Member Getting Started

Hi cat-guy. Thank you for your help. I have a diagram how to check impact sensor. What resistance value should i be looking for? So you reckon a faulty impact sensor will cause open circuit in only one of the driver airbag inflators??? Why wouldn't it affect both then? Cheers
    - - - Updated - - -
    Sorry for asking but i am just trying to figure it out in my head. Cheers

6. cat-guy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

cat-guy United Kingdom
    It is all shown in the PDF document I've tried sending you, however heres the information you need.

Check the front impact sensor resistance value between PIN’s 1 and 2
    Short circuit less than 2 ohm’s change the sensor
    Open Circuit 2M ohms or over change the sensor

hope the above helps

MattBeardless likes this.
  7. Martin78 New Member Getting Started

Hi cat-guy. Thank you will give it a go see what happens. Take care