Air Con

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by Hondavirgin, Wednesday 25th Nov, 2009.

1. Hondavirgin Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

How difficult is it to remove the air con on my ek4? Just wandered if you need to release the presure or anything?

2. Gunter Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

youll have to purge the gas from the system, its illegal to release it to the atmosphere and carries a few thousand pound fine. Up to you how you do it but its best to get a garage to do it for you, not sure if you can get a cold burn from it if done wrong

3. Hondavirgin Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ok, just fancie saving some weight as i never use the dam thing!

4. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I wuda helped but mine just never got put back on when my engine went back in so I've just got loada wires to take out now, lol.... I can try and ask for ya tho :Grin:

5. Gunter Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

its one less thing to go wrong as they say :Smile: lose the power steering too :Wink:

6. SeanEK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I wouldn't attempt this yourself, the gas can cause serious burns. Id recommend leaving this for a garage to do

7. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Nah I've kept my power steering.. the little arms couldn't cope otherwise, lol :Grin:

8. SeanEK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

:Grin:

9. Hondavirgin Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cool, any ideas how much they would charge? Just to take the gas out then i can strip it out?

10. r883 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Im sure i have heard of mobile guys that will come to you and do it aswell

11. birneyboy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

does it really make any kind of a noticeable difference when removed?

12. Hondavirgin Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Any extra weight is bad, like carting around some bricks, no need!

13. Gunter Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

when you add it all up it makes a huge difference, especially to the handling, its not so much the car being lighter its just there being less weight at the front - more balanced you could say, tho i had to move the battery, fusebox, remove the power steering and change to a lighter pulley and flywheel before i could feel a difference