General Air con issues

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Matt260603, Monday 29th Apr, 2019.

1. Matt260603 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Matt Firsby
    Hi all had my air con recharged Friday but my air con is still not cold. Took it back but all I got was well we done our job! So quick google told me to check a few things which I have. Two things that don’t look right to me is only 10volts at power cable going into condenser should be 14volts by all accounts so relay issues? The other thing the centre of the condenser I’m guessing this is the clutch that engages the condenser is really stiff should it be free and easy to move by hand? Cheers in advance.

2. mw88 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The compressor relay is a common suspect, depending on the year the car was built - There's another identical relay right next to it in the fusebox under the bonnet which you can use to test. Can't remember off the top of my head what the other relay powers though!

If you haven't already, it might be worth having a quick peek in the grill below the front number plate, just to make sure your condenser radiator isn't damaged although if the system held pressure when they filled it, it should be fine.

honda_saj likes this.
  3. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom saj east london
    What a bunch of useless :tut: common faults are compressor clutch and relay does ac make any sound when you switch on, also did you enter diagnostic mode to check ?

4. Matt260603 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Matt Firsby
    Hi people thanks for the reply I had a day off work today so thought I better have a proper good look at it. After testing relays after watching YouTube LOL and not getting anywhere fast. So I decided to put a live cable direct to the compressor and hay presto it kicks in. Hope two new relays which I have ordered will do the trick.