Electrical & Lights AFS warning light

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by ThreeG, Sunday 17th Feb, 2019.

1. ThreeG Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, I've got a pesky AFS light on my 2.2 CR-V ex, I believe its to do with the headlight cornering?

Has anyone else had any experience with AFS? I may be selling her due to needing something a bit bigger, and would feel bad trying to sell it with a fault (air con condenser to fix too!).

2. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    AFS is Adaptive Front Lighting System. I think you would need to get it connected to HDS, it may just need reinitialising.

3. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

Actually, if you've got the Handbook there may be a documented "Unit Learning Procedure"

ThreeG and honda_saj like this.
  4. ThreeG Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cool, thanks, I'll have a look.. came up just after had the front shocks done!

5. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

Yeah, that kinda ties in with needing a "re-initialisation".

Hopefully, shocks on both sides were replaced together, right?

6. ThreeG Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes, both fronts were replaced, I've left it quite a while before asking the garage if it was related, they just said they wouldn't let the car go out with an AFS fault on. Thanks for informing me about possible initialisation, its a good avenue to explore

7. ThreeG Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I found an initialization procedure by googling, came up on Acura forums. Tried it and it doesnt work ( not specific for CR-V i know, but I think it only works on new kit)
    Theres some interesting info on there regarding the AFS, with people cleaning out the sensors attached to the suspension. I had a look at mine, and theres an oil leak ( I think from the aux belt area) all over the one sensor, maybe this could be leaking into the levelling sensor on the front?

I wonder if a obd scanner would give a bit more in depth info???

8. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    A generic OBD scanner don't always provide information in depth, ideally you need a HDS.

9. ThreeG Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Oh Ok, Is HDS an in garage only option?

10. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    ThreeG likes this.
  11. ThreeG Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers Dr.Sam!