Brochures & Promo Advanced Technology for Road Noise Reduction for New Civic PDF

Honda Civic 2017 [FC1,FK6, FK7]

1. Dom H-Tune ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ichiban submitted new literature:

Advanced Technology for Road Noise Reduction for New Civic - Honda Civic 2017 [FC1,FK6, FK7]

Check the full literature here.

2. tomwillie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Tom Royston
    With its standard Michelin Primacy 3 tyres my Civic 1.5 Turbo Prestige suffers from more road noise than 2008 year VW EOS & 2008 year 1.6TFSi Golf courtesy car I was provided with. In a You tube video Savage Geese review he says the new Civic suffers from a bit too much road noise. Honda still need to improve on this aspect of car design in all their models as well as dreadful touch screen infotainment system with integrated heating controls.
    Honest John recommends Michelin Cross Climate tyres & recons they reduced road noise, improved ride & handling of long term HR-V he ran.

3. FirstHonda Evangelist H-Tune Community

United Kingdom Ed Wiltshire
    I can vouch for the difference tyres can make @tomwillie

My Lexus NX Sport runs on Yokohama Blue Earth tyres. They have hopeless levels of grip (!) but they are very quiet. When I had an NX F-Sport as a courtesy car, the increased level of road noise was astonishing and not something I could have lived with. It was running Bridgestone tyres.

4. tomwillie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Tom Royston
    @FirstHonda ; I previously owned a CR-Z from new which came with Bridgestone tyres & due to excessive noise I changed them after a few months for Uniroyal tyres that had a lower noise rating. However, there was hardly any noticeable reduction in road noise from the Uniroyal's. Consequently after only 15 months I PX'd the CR-Z for a 2nd hand 09MY Accord 2.4EXi with worn tyres & so had a set of Michelin Primacy 3's fitted. Road noise was less than CR-Z but still more than I would have expected from a luxury car.
    The VW EOS I had from new was fitted with Bridgestone tyres & there was very little road noise noticed inside the car. I have to say it was just about the most refined car I have ever owned & ergonomics regarding climate controls were almost as easy to use as those in an S2000. The air con controls in a 1986 Accord Aerodeck 2.0EXi I owned for eight years were much easier to use than in any current Honda model and that car was more refined than the 09MY Accord, almost on par with the EOS.

5. Ichiban Retired ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    I have the same tyres on my first gen and they are very quite indeed, grip is fine on a Honda thou!!

andy83 and FirstHonda like this.
  6. FirstHonda Evangelist H-Tune Community

United Kingdom Ed Wiltshire
    They certainly don't cope well with a 2.5 litre petrol engine and hybrid motors on an SUV. In anything but dry conditions they scrabble away trying to grip until the traction control pulls everything into line. That never happened with my CR-V...

7. Ichiban Retired ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    Ahh well that what happens when you don't have enough engineers to ensure the car creates that mechanical grip.. Accountants running the show.