Electrical & Lights Adding Lane assist and guided cruise control

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Loky, Sunday 25th Aug, 2019.

1. Loky Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Loky Scarborough
    Hi guys, does any of you experts know of its possible to add Lane assist and guided cruise control to a 2.2 I-DTEC ex tourer from a ex gt?

2. Bounder Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    Thats a very complex system I believe and I don't believe it is possible to do it economically.

Loky likes this.
  3. Loky Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yep, I thought so, deffo not worth me doing.

4. MattBeardless Service Team H-Tune Staff

United Kingdom Matt Derby
    I'm not the only one that saw the one with a wheel hanging out of the arch breaking for spares then...

5. julekasMobilek Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lithuania Julius Vilnius
    there are few challenging steps, to get all the equipment (LKAS camera, laser radar, wiring?), then to put everything in and calibrating the camera with radar.
    I don't think, that there is a programming involved. but it will be a lot of wiring to do :Smile:

6. Loky Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Haha probably not
    - - - Updated - - -
    Yea I'm not going to bother haha

MattBeardless likes this.
  7. MattBeardless Service Team H-Tune Staff

United Kingdom Matt Derby
    It'd likely require a whole load of wiring transferred being transferred, and replacement of your BCU, most of your dash loom (to feed the controls to the steering wheel) and christ only knows what else.

It'd be nice, but I really doubt that's a simple install. It'd probably be easier to buy one with it factory-fitted, though I couldn't actually find one with the option checked of the 5 I viewed before I took the plunge and bought my CU3.

8. Loky Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yea it would be a nice thing to have, but I ain't going down that route, too much hassle