Daily Driver Accord EX Saloon

7th Generation (2003-2008) vehicle added by Heckler, Thursday 27th Sep, 2018

1. Heckler Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Rear fog now has a nice bright red LED fitted, and the rear brake lights have been fitted with dual filament red LED's.

Need to order some more push clips for the trim under the bootlid, as a few are broken now. I've got a load of clips here, so will check if they fit first.

2. DrSam Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham

:Need Pics:

3. Heckler Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It's daylight and it's damp out, give me a chance. :teasing: :depressed:

DrSam likes this.
  4. DrSam Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Haha :Grin:
    I'll be waiting

5. Heckler Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

@DrSam Took pics, came out crappy... but here they are all the same.

Rear lights on
    2018-12-05 16.26.10.

Brake light on
    2018-12-05 16.27.04.

Fog light on
    2018-12-05 16.27.28.

Pics were taken on my phone, in the rain... they really don't show how red they are with red LED's... But I compared them when I fitted to my tourer and white LED's in a red lens looks more pink, whilst red LED in red lens is a really deep red.

These are the bulbs I used, they don't actually fit in the fog housing due to that little bulging lens cover, but the little lens on the tip will come off if you twist it gently with a pair of pliers... and then it fits perfectly. 6 rows of 6 LED's down the sides and 3 on the tip make for a very bright red light, and as they're dual filament ones... You can see how they double in brightness in pic 2.

2018-12-05 17.05.18.
    2018-12-05 17.05.54.

I thought they came in packs of two... as that's what the ebay auction said... but they came in packs of 4... I've used 3, and still have 5 for spares. Cost was £12, but if I'd know I was getting 8 instead of 4... I could have saved £6.

DrSam likes this.
  6. Nighthawk Administrator Staff Team

Have you got a link where you got them from? Might get some myself

7. Heckler Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T20-W21-5W-580-Sidelight-7443-5630-33-LED-Dual-Filament-DRL-bulb-Hid-Effect-12V/323387146787?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=512448627770&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I've noticed that in the drop down box you can select either 2 or 4... so when I ordered a few days later I ordered 2 packs... But must have selected the 4 pack when I saved them to my basket... Hence 8 bulbs.

2 bulbs are £3.66 whilst 4 are £5.99.. So cheaper to order 4 as you'll need at least 3.

They will also fit in the indicators, because I tested them... but they turn them red obviously and you'll need a load resistor spliced into the system or they flash double speed.

I'm still trying to find some amber LED's for the indicators with that resistor built in, but the ones that say they do... are only for cars with canbus systems... and will still have the same speed of flash issue.

and these are the 501's I got for the inner rear lights

SpeedyGee likes this.
  8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Thanks for the link, will be looking into these.

9. Heckler Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

A quick word of warning... When I charged the battery up on her (she'd been stood for almost 3 weeks) I got 2 error codes.

P0504 - Brake Switch A/B Correlation.

Now if I clear this one it stays cleared... until I turn the lights on and/or hit the brake pedal.

So I am assuming that I'll be needing load resistors in them now... FFS.

The second code was

P0105 - Manifold Absoloute Pressure

Now this one does appear to have stayed cleared... and I've started the car a couple of times. Will create a new thread regarding this one.

So now I need to work out where to get some load resistors and where to wire them in. Do I need one for the whole system or one for each side of the car... and if I'm getting them for the brake lights, might as well get some for the indicators too.

10. Nighthawk Administrator Staff Team

I would see if you can get a relay ideally. Resistors work by creating heat, subsequently removing the excess load. Relays are the better way to do it. You can get indicator relays, not sure if you can get brake light ones though

11. Heckler Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I can't find anything about a relay for indicators or brake lights... But I can find loads of resistors with mini heatsinks on them. Would a 50w 6Ohm be good enough? and would I need one for each side? This is just one of the ones I found from a UK seller.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50W-6-oh...1f16dd1f:m:mvGJFeUZiyv-BV-WWz-pAfw:rk:41:pf:0

12. Heckler Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Dashcam hardwire kit finished and tested... Works fine, and the little stealth mount I bought means I can hide the camera behind the rear view mirror at last. In my tourer it had to sit to the side of it because the mount was too large and Nextbase didn't sell a stealth mount for the 512G. So a few enterprising sellers on ebay, came up with one themselves that fits perfectly.

The only annoying thing I missed.. is that the hard wire kit which I bought for nextbase dashcams... is micro USB... and my 512G uses Mini USB. Luckily I have an adapter I can use to resolve that, it just means wrapping the extra wire around the neck of the mount a few times. I had the same issue in my tourer because the old dashcam I had (mini 806) was an utter piece of shite that failed after a couple of months, and the dodgy chinese seller tried all sorts of crap to get out of refunding me... Wanted me to ship it back to China at my expense, which was going to cost me around £40... Ebay washed their hands of it as usual. So I ended up getting my money back via other means, and got the nextbase instead. Which has been perfect over the last couple of years. But the old cam was micro usb and the new one was mini usb... so I had to buy an adapter.

I'm assuming that nextbase have switched to micro usb for their newer models, which is why I bought a nextbase wiring kit with micro instead of mini... or the seller was full of crap and it's just some generic one that they said would fit things they have no clue about.

Probably the latter. :Smile:

And @DrSam No.. I didn't take pics. It's fracking cold out there and my phone was inside and upstairs... and the dashcam is now back in the tourer until I swap over cars in the new year.

DrSam likes this.
  13. DrSam Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They look goooood. I like it, i understand phone camera doesn't do justice but looks better that original bulbs.
    LEDs are the way forward.

:lol:
    You know, funnily enough, I'm looking to get a dash cam.