Weekend Toy Accord CL1 Euro R

6th Generation (1997-2002) vehicle added by RichCRX, Saturday 3rd Jun, 2017

1. RichCRX Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Richard Milton keynes
  2. RichCRX Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The car is finally on the boat and will be departing early part of next week.

Also had loads more photo's come in from underneath. Sooo clean and low. Will upload later on.

3. RichCRX Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Photos of underneath.

Discovered the coilovers are Buddyclubs. Just waiting to find out what wheels they are now, which I won't find out now till she arrives in the UK, circa 17th August.

Bo_, andy83 and Mugen_fd2 like this.
  4. Mugen_fd2 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

London
    clean car indeed

5. RichCRX Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I can't wait for it arrive. Just in time for my Birthday too, so a very nice little present to myself. The next 9-14 weeks are going to be hell lol

6. RichCRX Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It's on the fricking boat. Excitement levels are rising. Will be in the UK around the 17th August. Fingers crossed I can have it for bank holiday weekend. If all the moons align and the gods (DVLA/paint shop) actually like me.

7. RichCRX Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well the car has been in the UK for about 2 weeks now. Few little things to sort on it, which Torque are doing. Seems they are a little busy at the minute. Not an issue for me, the wait is almost over.

A couple of extra things have been discovered since being with Torque, which I'll add in the full list now.

Mugen 4-2-1 Manifold
    Fujitsubo Power Getter cat back exhaust
    Sports cat
    Buddyclub coilovers
    American Racing equipment 2 pieces wheels
    Top Fuel 1000 Induction system
    Feels Ally Radiator
    NSX NA2 front calipers

I'm getting the guys at Torque to the do the cambelt etc whilst they have it, as it makes sense, and I have nothing to worry about either. This is why it's going to be a little later now for me to collect.

Whilst in Japan, the car was on the floor. We're talking on the rails and the original owner used a jubilee clamp on the exhaust hanger pull the system up and go even lower. Hence why it's currently running 195/40/17 tyres all round. These are in the process of being changed to something more to my liking.

Replacements wheels have already being talked about, and soon after Xmas I should be giving Torque the green light to get them from Japan(circa 6 weeks direct to my door). Also thinking of swapping the front brakes out to something better. Will see how the NSX setup feels after a refresh. I'll also need to talk to the company I have in mind with regards to the mounting, but if I buy for an NA2 I should be laughing.

Bo_, andy83 and Mart609 like this.
  8. RichCRX Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

From the Auctions in Japan in May,

VilYbpAtVV8VYRjujVgHKdgb4JGc4bpsycO8hQnVpEdl-2EioHbIFqZqEspK-7.

To today at Torque after a bit of work to clear the tint spray off.

Photo 22-09-2017, 13 52 54. Photo 22-09-2017, 13 53 35.

Hopefully things will start to progress on my car. Seems they've been pretty busy with other cars. Hopefully next stop is with the MOT station or the cambelt kit I've requested. Seeing as I've pretty much missed every show to finish the season up with now, I'm in absolutely no rush for them to get it on the road. That said, I want my car lol

Bo_ and andy83 like this.
  9. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    wow mate looks to becoming along nicely , i'm sure once you are driving her mate you will be very proud:Hey::Thumbup:...

10. RichCRX Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm going to love it once I finally get to collect it. Just thinking about being the first registered keeper makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. The drive home going to be something special. Turns out the wheels are 8.5j so I've get the guys slinging some 225/45/17 rainsport 3's on to get rid of the ridiculous 195/40's she's on at the minute. and to tie my over whilst I make some funds for the replacements :Devil::Wub:

andy83 likes this.
  11. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    mate I like the sound of the size of tyres you will be having fitted rainsport seem to be good, I'm looking forward to seeing more pics mate..
    Thanks
    Andy

12. RichCRX Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well it's been a little while and more to the point, Last Friday(10-11-17) I went down to Torque GT and collected the car. Oh my god I love it. Those of you of FB and follow Torque GT would've probably seen the car go up on Monday gone with there normal PIS posts.

If not, here are the photo's from that post

FB_IMG_1510752976720. FB_IMG_1510753000824 1. FB_IMG_1510753006229. FB_IMG_1510753011683. FB_IMG_1510753017756.

IMG-20171110-WA0006.

This photo is all the paperwork that came with the car. 3 Maintenance books, the original workbook Jasma cert for either the manifold or exhaust, All the exhaust paperwork including a cool sticker, and the feels paperwork, which didn't tally up radiator. Oh no, these showed a braided clutch line and braided brake lines. More Feel's Honda Twin cam stuff :jumpy::jumpy:

Driving back to MK, the M5 has never been so much fun and that's a boring road.

The saturday was just driving it and popping across to see Maz@ Hond-R to see what he's doing with his CL1 and talking about a few little things. Also made me aware of how big the rear arch lips are. This concerned me as I'd just bought some Evo 5 Enkei's ( now for sale) I really didn't want to start cutting my new car up already. I'd just got it...

Sunday, I lowered it 20mm more than in these photos. Started to look a little more respectable (confirmed evo wheels weren't going :hairout:) , but the handling was shot due to the shite wheels ( they will also be for sale if someone would like them....) and confirmed the above braided brake lines being attached. :Happy:

Que looking through various for sale pages on FB for a set of cheap wheels I could get quickly. It didn't take long. A guy in Ellesmere Port had a mint set of OZ Superleggera's in the perfect size and a good offset 17x7 ET45 A quick message and they are still available. Awesome, I get some money sorted Tuesday and pay the man. At which point he mentions he has the original OZ metal spigot rings for a Honda. Yep I'll be taking them too. Being Facebook I was still a little sceptical I'll admit but adding the fee's my end and paying for goods I knew I was safe. I get the tracking info Thursday when they've been picked up and another set of tyres ordered up at the same time. Friday comes and everything arrives. It's like christmas at half 11 in the morning for me, whilst in work. :trampoline::trampoline::trampoline:

By 6pm Yesterday(Friday), they are sitting on the car and looking awesome, even if the car was filthy. The ARE's sat in the corner of my mates tyre shop looking sorry for themselves. But the car was officially mine now as I'd put my mark on it. It was no longer the same car that caught my eye way back in May. It didn't go 100% smoothly though, the flexi pipe on the mugen manifold had decided it didn't really like being attached anymore, and had failed on me. This was confirmed later on today.

By Lunchtime today I'd popped over to Oxford again to see another mate at the Mazda dealership. Now to get the car up in the air for the first time and really have a good poke around myself. Nothing to fault at all. The undersealing was been done thoroughly and and all is straight etc as was expected tbh. But it's good to see things for yourself. When moving towards the engine JT had noticed the box had been split at some point due to the amount of sealant, and it wasn't Honda sealant. Does it have an aftermarket diff. The gearbox is very smooth, and doesn't jump grind and slots into gear at any RPM, so it's possibly been rebuilt.

We also noticed an oil sandwhich plate with sensors still in it and the wireing ziptied to the main loom heading up to the bulkhead. sweet, it's had gauges at some point. The rad also has a temp sensor in it too, heading off in the same diretion meeting the other 2 wires under the fusebox. (Turns out it's had Defi's in going by the white 2 pin terminals on the ends of the wires, now on the list of things to buy)

We drop the wheels of the car and I begin to lower the front of the car a further 20mm and the rear 10mm (we're still tight to the arch lips at 45mm offsets)

Pictures tomorrow for the new lows.

We then put the car in gear to see how tight the diff is, one holding a wheel, whilst the other tries to rotate the other wheel. It's chuffing tight, we're both thinking it's got some plate clutch diff in there. But we won't ever know till we split it, and this isn't going to happen anytime soon.

So the future mods are looking this.

Fix Mugen manifold with new flexi and decat combined ( this is getting done mid next month now)
    FD2 spoiler. Probably have to come in from Japan.
    Defi gauge set-up
    Eventually a full 3 inch track friendly system
    Feel's Honda Twin Cam gearknob and oil cap

That's it for the time being I think. Though I do have a UK P30 ECU that I could get an S300 fitted too and get the car mapped up, for before and after the exhaust system changes.

Bo_ and andy83 like this.
  13. RichCRX Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just a few snaps from this evening at long last

Attached Files:

andy83 and Bo_ like this.
  14. RichCRX Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Still nothing new added to the car just yet. Still searching for things, though have my eye on a couple of little items. In the mean time, here are a couple of new pics. Second one I'm not 100% happy with so will have to re-shoot it.

Attached Files:

Mugen_fd2 likes this.
  15. djcrossie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Dave West Midlands
    This car is all kinds of awesome, would love this as my daily driver :Thumbup:

Bo_ likes this.
  16. RichCRX Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

So when we were looking over the car at my mates work last year, we discovered that the car had, had at some point in Japan, a defi gauge set-up as al lthe sensors were still in place and the wires passenger side under the carpet. Instantly eBay was called upon and I started to watch a certain set-up. It must've been up a while already, and till Sunday (4-3-2018) it was still on eBay. It's a complete Defi kit with the OLED screen and individual gauge. Think it's oil pressure. will find out properly by the weekend.

So Saturday night I made a cheeky offer and collected on my way down to Devon Sunday. (@K24 CL9 GUY I'm surprised you didn't pick this up when you were looking at gauge system. )

IMG_20180304_131235_823.

Guy at H-Tune likes this.
  17. Bo_ Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

What a nice car [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RichCRX likes this.
  18. RichCRX Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers

19. Guy at H-Tune Warehouse Manager H-Tune Staff

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    I got a very good deal on the set up I got from Bobby and I’m not keen on 2nd hand parts only new will do for me :Tongue:

Cars looking awesome mate hope you can make some shows with me so can drool over it :Yahoo:

20. RichCRX Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It'll be at the shows don't worry :Wink:

Guy at H-Tune and Nels like this.