General Accord 7th Generation Tourer Boot Area

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Sagarh, Saturday 9th Mar, 2019.

1. Sagarh Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Sagar Kidderminster
    Hi
    When I brought my Accord it did not come with a spare tyre or tool kit - so I have looked on Ebay and can see several different tool kits with Jacks for the Honda Accord - does the Tourer have a different shape unit to the saloon? Also on mine I have two large hooks at the rear of where the spare wheel would go - does anyone know what they are for or have a picture of a Tourer boot area so I can see for reference?

Thanks a lot for your help!

honda_saj likes this.
  2. Zebster Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Those big 'hooks' are for holding the original jack, which you should have.

If you need a wheel, then I have a pair of stock 16" for sale (no leaks, good tread, good balance but poor paint)... I'm just the other side of Cleobury Mortimer.

honda_saj and DrSam like this.
  3. Sagarh Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Zebster - one of the first things I did when I got the Tourer was get a spare wheel but thanks anyhow.

Still confused about the jack? On ebayI have see tool kit like the two pictured below which one of these is right for the Tourer? s-l300. HONDA-ACCORD-ESTATE-BOOT-TOOL-KIT-WITH-PUMP.

honda_saj likes this.
  4. Zebster Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The one on the right. But now I'm confused about why you're looking at a foam insert when the jack fits into those hooks (the jack is fitted as standard whether or not the car was supplied with a spare).

5. Sagarh Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Zepster - I had nothing when I got the car. I brought a spare but its useless to me without the tools to be able to lift and change the wheel.... so the rectangle shaped foam insert is the right one for a tourer with a full size alloy wheel as a spare? thanks! Will the foam insert fit around the hooks?

6. Zebster Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No, no, no!!!

The example on the right is similar to what I had to remove and dispose of to accommodate a spare wheel. I then had no foam insert whatsoever and can't see why one might be needed (the parts held by it are mostly surplus to requirements once you have a wheel)
    - - - Updated - - -
    Surely now that you've got a spare wheel you must realise that there's very little room for any sort of foam insert? I had enough room inside the hollow of the upturned wheel for a 5L fuel can, and a wheel brace (I never had a securing bolt)... around the tread of the wheel I had a 1L bottle of engine oil, some EZ-start, a folded-up tarp and, at the far side, the jack (held by those hooks). It was a nice tight fit!

7. Sagarh Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thats the bit of info I was missing. I originally thought a tool kit that sat in the wheel well or something that fitted around the hooks etc. was what I needed.
    What you have is kind of what I am doing now - I have an extendable bar with a socket for loosening the wheel bolts, the removable tow hook and a tyre inflator but no Jack... guess I just need a jack then to lift the car... Will any old jack do or is there anything special about the Honda Jack?

Thanks Zepster I really appreciate your help.

8. Zebster Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The correct jack engages properly with the sill jacking points. Not sure how unique that is, but the wrong fitting might damage the sill. I can't believe a breaker would charge much just for the jack! Definitely do get one for a 7th Generation Accord.

Last edited: Tuesday 12th Mar, 2019
  9. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

The foam insert (right image) will only fit in the tourer that wasn't supplied with a spare wheel (only came with a can of foam and a pump) along with a few tools and the jack. if you got a spare, then the foam insert won't fit... and putting a spare wheel in there means you lose the under floor storage box too.

10. Bounder Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    Throw the underfloor storage box away, its a load of rubbish anyway.
    Fit a spare wheel and use some old blankets to stop any rattling of the jack/tools when you fit them in the centre of the spare wheel.
    The whole lack of spare wheel is a big scam, no bottle of gunk and pump will help you when you get a split tyre from a pothole.
    Its easy to make a spare fit, there's a mounting point fitted ready to take one.

11. Sagarh Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Just so you all know all I got with the car was the large flap which you lift to see what is underneath nothing else - no underfloor boxes, spare or tool kit... not sure where that all went, not too bothered any way as I much prefer a full size spare than a bottle of Junk. I just wanted to really know what the hooks were for - now I know and have ordered a Jack off Ebay and thats me sorted...

Thanks everyone for your input its greatly appreciated!
    - - - Updated - - -
    stop press - earlier I noticed I have two further storage areas (small one's mind) next to the large flap either side - what goes in there? anything special?
    Still finding out new things about this car even after owning it for two months :Smile:

12. Zebster Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This 'storage box' that has to be removed to fit a spare wheel is a new one on me... my 2005 tourer never had such a thing and I had it from fairly new. Maybe it was an optional extra or a top-of-the-range thing?

Those other storage compartments don't have a specific purpose to my knowledge. They were empty when I got mine.

13. Sagarh Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Zepster!!

14. Bounder Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    Mine was an EX so possibly it was a spec thing?
    The best thing about the 7th Generation was the boot, I loved having all that usable space, the 8th is a nicer drive but sadly lacking in the derriere dept.

15. Sagarh Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Same reason why I chose the 7th over the 8th generation

16. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

Having that extra bit of space under the floor comes in very handy. But as others have pointed out... leaves yuo stranded if you get forced onto a kerb by some arse in a Cayenne and split the side wall of a tire in a tiny little village... Not so bad if you've got breakdown cover as I do... But not so fun for the poor guy who has to come out and fit a temp space saver in the middle of a thunderstorm, or get it onto a low loaded and take you to the nearest garage to get a new tyre.

I'm not actually sure a full size wheel will fit under the floor anyway, I looked at a few that had a full size spare and it lifted the boot carpet an inch or so... But not tried on a tourer.

17. Sagarh Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have a full size 16 inch alloy/tyre fitted in the boot now and the floor is not lifted...

Zebster likes this.