General Accord 7th Generation Tourer Boot Area

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Sagarh, Saturday 9th Mar, 2019.

1. Sagarh Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Sagar Kidderminster
    Hi
    When I brought my Accord it did not come with a spare tyre or tool kit - so I have looked on Ebay and can see several different tool kits with Jacks for the Honda Accord - does the Tourer have a different shape unit to the saloon? Also on mine I have two large hooks at the rear of where the spare wheel would go - does anyone know what they are for or have a picture of a Tourer boot area so I can see for reference?

Thanks a lot for your help!

honda_saj likes this.
  2. Zebster Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Those big 'hooks' are for holding the original jack, which you should have.

If you need a wheel, then I have a pair of stock 16" for sale (no leaks, good tread, good balance but poor paint)... I'm just the other side of Cleobury Mortimer.

honda_saj and DrSam like this.
  3. Sagarh Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Zebster - one of the first things I did when I got the Tourer was get a spare wheel but thanks anyhow.

Still confused about the jack? On ebayI have see tool kit like the two pictured below which one of these is right for the Tourer? s-l300. HONDA-ACCORD-ESTATE-BOOT-TOOL-KIT-WITH-PUMP.

honda_saj likes this.
  4. Zebster Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The one on the right. But now I'm confused about why you're looking at a foam insert when the jack fits into those hooks (the jack is fitted as standard whether or not the car was supplied with a spare).

5. Sagarh Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Zepster - I had nothing when I got the car. I brought a spare but its useless to me without the tools to be able to lift and change the wheel.... so the rectangle shaped foam insert is the right one for a tourer with a full size alloy wheel as a spare? thanks! Will the foam insert fit around the hooks?

6. Zebster Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No, no, no!!!

The example on the right is similar to what I had to remove and dispose of to accommodate a spare wheel. I then had no foam insert whatsoever and can't see why one might be needed (the parts held by it are mostly surplus to requirements once you have a wheel)
    - - - Updated - - -
    Surely now that you've got a spare wheel you must realise that there's very little room for any sort of foam insert? I had enough room inside the hollow of the upturned wheel for a 5L fuel can, and a wheel brace (I never had a securing bolt)... around the tread of the wheel I had a 1L bottle of engine oil, some EZ-start, a folded-up tarp and, at the far side, the jack (held by those hooks). It was a nice tight fit!

7. Sagarh Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thats the bit of info I was missing. I originally thought a tool kit that sat in the wheel well or something that fitted around the hooks etc. was what I needed.
    What you have is kind of what I am doing now - I have an extendable bar with a socket for loosening the wheel bolts, the removable tow hook and a tyre inflator but no Jack... guess I just need a jack then to lift the car... Will any old jack do or is there anything special about the Honda Jack?

Thanks Zepster I really appreciate your help.

8. Zebster Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The correct jack engages properly with the sill jacking points. Not sure how unique that is, but the wrong fitting might damage the sill. I can't believe a breaker would charge much just for the jack! Definitely do get one for a 7th Generation Accord.

Last edited: Tuesday 12th Mar, 2019
  9. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

The foam insert (right image) will only fit in the tourer that wasn't supplied with a spare wheel (only came with a can of foam and a pump) along with a few tools and the jack. if you got a spare, then the foam insert won't fit... and putting a spare wheel in there means you lose the under floor storage box too.

10. Bounder Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    Throw the underfloor storage box away, its a load of rubbish anyway.
    Fit a spare wheel and use some old blankets to stop any rattling of the jack/tools when you fit them in the centre of the spare wheel.
    The whole lack of spare wheel is a big scam, no bottle of gunk and pump will help you when you get a split tyre from a pothole.
    Its easy to make a spare fit, there's a mounting point fitted ready to take one.

11. Sagarh Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Just so you all know all I got with the car was the large flap which you lift to see what is underneath nothing else - no underfloor boxes, spare or tool kit... not sure where that all went, not too bothered any way as I much prefer a full size spare than a bottle of Junk. I just wanted to really know what the hooks were for - now I know and have ordered a Jack off Ebay and thats me sorted...

Thanks everyone for your input its greatly appreciated!
    - - - Updated - - -
    stop press - earlier I noticed I have two further storage areas (small one's mind) next to the large flap either side - what goes in there? anything special?
    Still finding out new things about this car even after owning it for two months :Smile:

12. Zebster Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This 'storage box' that has to be removed to fit a spare wheel is a new one on me... my 2005 tourer never had such a thing and I had it from fairly new. Maybe it was an optional extra or a top-of-the-range thing?

Those other storage compartments don't have a specific purpose to my knowledge. They were empty when I got mine.

13. Sagarh Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Zepster!!

14. Bounder Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    Mine was an EX so possibly it was a spec thing?
    The best thing about the 7th Generation was the boot, I loved having all that usable space, the 8th is a nicer drive but sadly lacking in the derriere dept.

15. Sagarh Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Same reason why I chose the 7th over the 8th generation