Electrical & Lights ABS problem.

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by TedH77, Thursday 28th Feb, 2019.

1. TedH77 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ethiopia tedh7 Vilnius
    Hello.
    So I have a little problem which annoys me.. Like a month ago my ABS sensor died and I went to the service to replace it. Everything was fine, but one day I saw ABS light on my dashboard again.. I thought that another ABS sensor was dead, but after starting car one more time everything was fine.. Okay, now about the problem which annoys me: sometimes (not always, like one time in 40 presses of brake pedal) when I press brake pedal ABS is working for no reason, but about driving in (20-40km/h - 15-25MPH) :Smile: I tried to reconnect the battery (to make a restart) but it haven't helped me. It's really weird problem.
    By the way, now is winter in my country, but there is no ICE on roads, also when I need to stop really quick, ABS works absolutely perfect.
    Maybe there is problem with brakes? ( I changed those too like 2000km (about 1200miles) ago)

I will wait for your help!

Thank you. ( Sorry for not very good English too.)

Have a good day!

2. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    Low voltage/battery can trigger your ABS light to come on. Check the battery and alternator is okay.
    If you have access to a HDS or code reader, the code may help to understand the issue and solve.

3. TedH77 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ethiopia tedh7 Vilnius
    @DrSam Yeah I thougt about that too.. but my alternator changed too not long ago. I'm thinking about ABS sensor ring, maybe they broke it when changed? Because for now, dashboard don't show any ABS faults, so code reader won't help me.. :Smile: I'm thinking about brake caliper or ABS sensor ring, what do you think? :Smile:

4. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    @TedH77 Previous fault stored on the ECU may still show.
    Did you have any other work done? Intermittent fault could be a dirty wheel speed sensor.
    - - - Updated - - -
    From what i know ABS starts working from 12mph/20kmh.
    You could check the brake pads and disc as well as if the calipers are sticking.

5. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    What tyres are you running? I assume winter tyres?

6. TedH77 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ethiopia tedh7 Vilnius
    @DrSam, @SpeedyGee, yeah I figured the problem.. Front ABS sensor was near death, and thats why ABS was working not properly. So I need to change the front ABS sensor too. But I need your help because I want to take out that sensor without drilling it out, any suggestions? maybe spraying lubricant for a few days? maybe that will help?

honda_saj and Matt at H-Tune like this.
  7. Matt at H-Tune Service Team H-Tune Staff

Yep, that generally helps. And heat sometimes if applicable.

8. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    Ahh, I'm not sure spraying will help in this case as you get easily get to the sensor without dismantling a fair bit.

I also don't think you would benefit much from the penetration fluid as the issue is that the plastic become brittle.

9. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom saj east london
    did someone say drill :gotcha:

Matt at H-Tune likes this.