Bulletins & Advisories Abnormal Noise From E-DPS

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Service News, Thursday 23rd Oct, 2014.

1. SpeedyGee The Invincible Admin Club H-Tune

England Speedy Birmingham
    I hope there's no parts made from my company in any Honda, that would just spoil the Hondas :Tongue:

PanayiotisPal likes this.
  2. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Greece Panos Nicosia
    Nice. I hope we broke the ICE.

3. SpeedyGee The Invincible Admin Club H-Tune

England Speedy Birmingham
    There never was any ICE to break through, just a difference in opinion :Smile: :Friends:

4. tomwillie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Tom Royston
    Service manager confirmed today that goodwill claim submitted to Honda & accepted so Honda will supply E-DPS kit FoC & Norton Way Honda will fit FoC, so another plus for Honda & dealer.

5. tomwillie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Tom Royston
    In cold weather the car does now not make any unusual noise when moving off. However, will have EDSP kit fitted next Thursday.

6. tomwillie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Tom Royston
    Since EDSP kit fitted on 17 November 2016 the car no longer makes a creaking noise when first pulling away.

7. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Greece Panos Nicosia
    Noise will not come back, you don't have to worry about this anymore.
    Hope you had the AWD firmware update installed too. If not check service bulletins.

8. tomwillie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Tom Royston
    All done & Stop Start continues to work well after several fixes, its usually switched off but regularly checked that it functions.

Regarding 4 by 4 drive, on some other makes of car it is essential to ensure there is not too much difference in tread depth between front & rear wheels otherwise damage occurs to their 4 by 4 transmission. This means that a puncture requiring replacement of just one tyre can require replacement by either two or four new tyres depending on remaining tread depth of the other three undamaged tyres. However, although the 4th Generation CR-V always starts off in four wheel drive I do not believe this applies to the Honda system. Also if just one tyre is replaced I assume the Honda TPMS will continue to light up, even after a reset, if system is unhappy with any difference in tread depth between a new tyre & other three part worn tyres?

9. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Greece Panos Nicosia
    My only experience with CR-V TPMS so far was when tyre pressure of tyres dropped below 2.0 (bar), the TPMS light came on (I had no tyre puncture). I would install 2 new and 2 average worn tyres with the same pattern on the same axle, but will never install 2 new and 2 badly worn tyres because of the AWD interference risk.

10. HondaFan8 New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom HondaFan London
    Hi all,

I have a Jan 2014 CR-V and have noticed this noise. How can I check that this service bulletin applies to my car?

I am giving the car to Honda to look into the noise but I was thinking of printing off this service bulletin to show them at the same time.

Does the VIN number have to match the format shown on the bulletin with only the starred numbers being different?

Thank you all
    - - - Updated - - -
    Also the car is a Petrol 2.0 SE AWD 63 plate car and registered in Jan 2014.