Aaaarrrggghhh!!!!! :(

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by civic_bitch, Tuesday 1st Dec, 2009.

1. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hey guys

Right here goes. Lately, the car doesnt feel right.... Its a B16a2 head on a B18c4 bottom end... All running on the standard B16 stuff and has been fab until lately when I've noticed that the car feels strange.

For example; if i put it in 1st and pull away its ok, then by like 10mph it feels like its limiting out, like it won't go any further, then if i push my foot down a bit harder it gets past that but feels like somethings holding it back.. only way to describe it is as if you are driving with ya brakes on slightly. Also, any gear is like that, it literally feels like you can push ya pedal and go but then it like stops... it really feels like the cars fighting back and not wanting to go.. as if its got no power or loads but its been held back.. its really weird and im hoping someone else knows what i mean

Had all my brakes checked and they are spot on, had a brand new oil and filter change and also a DC sports manifold put on..

I've noticed aswell that my ACC pedal feels very stiff/ tight so I've lubed it up but nope, its no help and still the same.... :Frown:

Been told to change my fuel filter as a mates Civic vti was perfoming like a sack of tatties and the VTEC wasnt working and wasnt right.. simple as a fuel filter change and wow, it was back to its normal self..

Im really pissed off, probs just something sooo little but its the not knowing i hate

Im baffled and just wondering what it could be?? :/ I HATE driving it now coz im paranoid of something happening.... :Frown:

Thanks for any help

Ashleigh

2. Shadowdemon88 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

i have what sounds like the same problem. i have a b18c4 standard and when u let off the power it ready jerks back but with a little touch of the pedal its fine.... thought it might be the gearbox or clutch. keep meanin to get hold of my mate to have a look at it unless some1 comes up with an idea here

3. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Its just weird how the 'drive' feels so restricted like it can't go no more.. its as if its limiting/ bouncing back and doesnt wana go..

mine needs a clutch soon i know that and my gears are sometimes a pain to get in.... but they have always been like that.. this is a new thing :?

4. Shadowdemon88 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

well i'll try and look back at this thread and see if any 1 has an idea

5. Vince Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sounds like fueling problems... or maybe something simple like a loose throttle cable.

6. tonycoupe97 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

loose throtle cable, or its frayed, stretched, siezed. check the throtle cable.

could have a block fuel line, full fuel filter.

I've had my throttle body jam aswell, check that.

does it sound the same as normal, any smells?

whats it like in neutral?

7. zombie86c Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

reset your ECU :Wink: mine was doing this like crazy..normal....struggle..then power..take the battery off for an hour or two/carefull if you have an alarm :Wink:

8. tonycoupe97 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

hour or two... your car has some serious electric holding power :O

9. Shadowdemon88 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

will try to reset ECU. as for the trottle cable, that could be the problem. Civic bitch did u use your original throttle cable or the one off the mb6 cause i used the original one so has to loop round my engine bay. will check this tomo

10. tbukhtaw Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

sounds like a flat spot

11. Shadowdemon88 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

no its more of a large resistants of power when u let off the fuel

12. carlsberg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

what ECU are you running with this engine combo?

13. Shadowdemon88 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

p06 obd1 with gsr map from the US

14. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Oi you make ya own thread, lol... am getting confused :Tongue:

Hey guys

Anyway, its still the original B16a2 stuff and its been fne until recently... just feels like somethings blocked or bein starved.. I've also noticed its a lot deeper/ louder now hence why im thinking something air related.. its still quick and that but just weird..

Also noticed a little knocking/ clunking noise when i take my foot off the ACC pedal today.. basically when i pull away theres a knocking sort of noise...

Am confused now.. someone come and visit me and just help me suss it once and for all..

Ashleigh

15. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

had a similar problem on a EG. It was a sticky throttle body. Kept jamming on slight throttle and it made the ACC pedal feel stiff. Have a play with it under the engine bay. It should move freely. Failing that it could be a flat spot. You may need a custom map done on chrome for it. Where abouts are you?

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 3rd Dec, 2009
  16. r883 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

is it still running a b16 ECU ?

if so it sounds like its under fueling

17. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hey

Yeah still all the B16a2 stuff and i have noticed it uses a fair bit of petrol, lol... im guna get a new FF either way as it aint been changed yet..

Anyways, if thats a fuel probs im looking for a P28 ECU and harness anyway but still awaiting a reply from funkypower :Frown:

Next, whats the knocking/ weird noise when i take my foot off the ACC pedal.. its scary been a lass and driving it even tho its mint and other people said it feels fine.. differnce is, I know my own car :Frown:

18. r883 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

check your mounts

maybe they have came loose ?

or exhaust hitting of something ?

19. r883 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

But i would say your other problem is related to the ECU

it is trying to fuel a 1600 and you have a 1800

20. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yep hun, well the bottoms a b18c4.. i know i need it remapping when i get the harness etc its just weird how its been awsome and now this strangely happens... it pulls off nicely, then feels like you have to push hard on the pedal (even tho thats fine) then it sounds a lot deeper and picks up again...