A scammer called robhornerhonda

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by crazzzydave, Wednesday 11th Nov, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazzzydave Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi guys. Just a heads up for you all, we have had a scammer on www.civic5.com His username is "robhornerhonda" although obviously he will probably change that. He was apparently selling a mb6 VTI-S lip kit, which one of our members agreed to buy. He was also offering other stuff for sale. Our members payed through paypal, and waited for the goods. 1 week went by, no goods. Calls to this guys mobile were ignored, a were texts. He also ignored pm's on the site, and only answered the member after I interveened. He gave some lame excuse about not having any packaging, and would get it it that week when he got the packaging. So member agreed this would be ok, as long as he recieved the goods, and also a tracking number for the parts.

Another week went by, still nothing,and no tracking number. then on the third week, our member tried to contact him again, and the usual happened. when we eventually got in touch with him, the pm he sent our member was quite cheeky, and again he blamed the problem on not having the packaging.

Our member then raised the issue with paypal. Surprise surprise, next day, rob sends a pm saying goods are on way, and he will send the tracking number.

Obviously he was thinking this would maybe stall the issue with paypal, but thankfully, our member didnt call them.

And yes, you guessed it, still no tracking number. And no lip kit either. He has never been back to the forum since, or answered emails sent by the member or by civic5 admin team.

So please be very wary when buying goods, as he obviously won't stop there. Our member has been left out of pocket (for a large sum of money, as it was supposed to be a full kit he wa buying) but hopefully, paypal might sort it out.

2. crazzzydave Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Little update on this guys. Turns out one of our members spotted a vti-s kit for sale on eBay. After a bit of checking, it turns out its the very kit our member has already paid for! The scammer, we found out did have an eBay account called "robhornerhonda", but according to eBay, he has deleted that account. He is now selling under the username "princessgemma81" Our member has now contacted him through eBay, and he had the cheek to say "i thought youd have your refund by now" as in he thought paypal would have paid his debt for him!!! He agreed to refund our member, but no payment has been recieved yet. We will be gathering more details about him, and will make sure we keep everyone informed about this guy.

Please be very wary of buying anything from this guy

3. Tobiasnugent Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Is this guy from the northeast ? pretty sure he is on hondanortheast.org.uk ?

4. northwestcivic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

thanks for the heads-up!

5. Tobiasnugent Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yer just checked he is a regular poster on that site

6. crazzzydave Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

He gets around! He is well known for "selling" VW parts aswell. The more info we get , the better. It's amazing what all he car forums can do together. I remember a scammer on one of the subaru forums, she ripped a member off for a lot of cash. There was a huge thread on it, and it was amazing! All the members from that forum, and other forums managed to find out loads of info on her, from where she stayed to her phone number, even a photo of her!!! she coughed up in the end i think!!!

Hopefully this might spurn him into handing back the cash.

7. stuarts Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

tbh theres no point putting up his username because he'll just come on with a different one

you need to post up his name that is on his paypal and the paypal address

8. kahn_v Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

his user name says it all lool..

rob horner Honda <<

9. crazzzydave Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

we're gonna see if paypal will help with the details. Again, he has said he will refund (right now) and again, no refund has been given. Really hate people like this. He will deff not be getting away with it

10. stuarts Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

whats the address the money was sent to? also when you pay someone it says you have paid: their name

11. crazzzydave Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ok, thought id let you know the update on this. The member form civic5 has finally recieved the parts, after god knows how many weeks! The parts were pretty shabbily packaged, but at least he has them now. So, seeing he has almost redeemed himself (should have just sent the parts in the first place, rather than try to sell them again on ebay when theyre already sold!) I guess he shouldnt be reffered to as a scammer now. I certainley wouldn't recommend buying anything from him tho, but up to the individuals i guess.

Cheers chaps

Dave

12. clive Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I dare say this guy is on here I think, I think I've seen a username the same or almost on here

13. Lex. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Any chance of pming us his IP address we can have a check if he comes up :Wink:

14. Lex. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

ignore that he is on here, 0 post count though. IP address is showing as manchester area :Smile:

Edited: removed details seeing as isn't a scammer, didn't see above post.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 6th Dec, 2009
  15. crazzzydave Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

He's apparently said he wants to come back on civic5, but I'm affraid he just aint welcome there anymore. Doubt very much if anyone would speak to him after whats gone on. Anyways, CL looks to be on top form again! Can Admin/Mods lock this post now please?

Cheers chaps

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.