'98 1.8 16v 3rd Generation ibiza opinions

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by Mattharvey12, Wednesday 9th Dec, 2009.

1. Mattharvey12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

well basically I've been looking at insurance for faster Civics and well insurance is crazy and I've been looking at the Seat Ibiza 3rd Generation 1.8 16v and the insurance is cheaper.

but i would like to know your opinions on this car

thanks

2. Shaggy EK4 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

look ok go well not in the same league as the b Series tho :Smile: all in all not a bad car tho

3. Mattharvey12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

obviously not as good but i think it will be a good choice till i can afford a EK9 in a few years

cheers

4. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Get the 8v, more torque and a better engine. Not quite as fast as the 16v but nicer to drive

5. Mattharvey12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

they don't make a 1.8 8v but they do make a 2.0 8v

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/summary.aspx?model=807

6. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yep that's the 1! Personal opinion obviously mate

7. Mattharvey12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yea i know mate, ill consider it though, ill speak to the mother lol

8. Txspete EG2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have 2.0 16v but it don't think it is as much fun as my Del Sol sir, although VTEC and spoon n1 is a hard act for it to follow. It goes well enough and looks ok but can be a little juicy.

Going to be up for sale shortly as I want another honda.

Ibiza3.

Ibiza2.

Ibiza4.

IbizaEngine.

9. Mattharvey12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

that looks mint mate.

whats the details?

10. Txspete EG2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

About 74K, lowered on coilovers, full exhaust, rear strut and decat (not on car) MOT 11 months, Tax 5 months, cambelt not long done. Paint is as good as looks in the photos, the odd little blemish but not major. Looking for

11. Mattharvey12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i really like it but im not going to be buying a car till april, i know its a while away im just browsing the market

12. raep Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

for a start if its a 1998 then its a 2nd Generation. i know this as mine is a 1998 2nd Generation gti cupra sport.

i have never driven the 1.8 16v gti as they are a lot rarer compared to the 2.0 versions but have driven the 2nd Generation golf with the same engine. they are very good, quite powerful engine for the build year.

mine is the 2.0 8v and tbh i did expect more from it. it is a fairly light car (1045kg IIRC) and has 115bhp standard. not as fun a drive as i expected and IMO quite under powered even for an 8v

the 2.0 16v however is a great car being 150bhp, fun to drive with the correct suspension setup and not much more expensive than the 8v.

i had a 3rd Generation tdi 90bhp ibiza before the gti and tbh i wish i still had it. much much more fun to drive and a lot, lot quicker than the gti, even had a very similar top speed

heres my opinion of these cars with a lot of vw/ seat experience, hope it helps

13. Txspete EG2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thats cool mate, well if you up at mimms on sunday and want to have a look over her to give you an idea just give me a shout.

Daniel

14. Mattharvey12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

raep that is a massive help man, thanks, and txspete i will bare that in mind,

cheers everyone

15. razor. Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I owned a 3rd Generation 1.4 Ibiza before the Civic.

The engine was dead as hell but I loved the car in general.

Was and still am a member of SCN.

Great Great forum for advice etc.

Couple of members on there are real serious running 400+BHP.

Badger5, Hooch and IbizaAlex IIRC.

Go on and have a nosey mate !!

Wish I could insure one !!