900 to spend on a swap including labour?

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by Civic_J, Thursday 26th Nov, 2009.

1. Civic_J Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Is this possible?

Do you reckon i could get a B18c4 swap including labor at this price?

If not what can/should i get?

2. Jake@redbitz Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

whats your Civic?

3. Ross. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

4. dozzy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Doubt it to be honest, just keep saving, the money doesn't have to be spent right his minute, I'd hang onto it until I could afford a B18C Swap

5. Civic_J Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Civic Coupe sport 2001 (D16y7)

6. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i doubt you'd get it for that including labour, but if you do the hard work yourself you could get it under the budget.

we did a mates EK to h22 conversion for 900 using parts found on ebay, scrap yards forums etc. granted it wasnt no show class shiny pretty afair, but it worked. you just need to put some time and effort in

7. Civic_J Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

But B18c insurance will surely be expensive. My insurance company will class my car as the engine which it has therefore B18C4 insurance would be affordable for me, as it can be classed as an Aerodeck or Vti-s and not a DC2

A B18c4 would be ideal as i would boost the compression by adding DC2 pistons and then i won't be to far off B18c compression

8. Civic_J Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

You see, if i put my mind to it, i probably could do the conversion myself but i don't have the necessary tools nor the time or work area as i live in flats with underground parking. I been quoted 300-400 on workmanship tho for the B swap. I donno if thats cheap or expensive

9. dozzy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Stamp a "4" on the end of "B18C"? lol

99.9% of insurance inspectors won't know the difference, and they're never gonna take it apart... I always go for the "if you're gunna do it, do it properly" approach, so I'd rather wait and pay extra for the better swap option, than settle for something "nearly as good" :Smile:

10. Bon Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well, Gerry is selling B18c4 swap for 800.

I bet there are people on here that will give you a hand putting the engine in for a little cash....

11. Civic_J Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Can someone confirm this? :Grin:

Can i just tell insurers its a B18C4 out of a Aero deck? and actually put a B18C without getting in trouble?

12. pattys civic ep3 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

for 900 you could deffinatly get an engine swap done providing you did alot of it yourselfs!

13. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I got most of my B18c4 fitted and done for

14. SeanEK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

B18C4 in for sale section

15. Civic_J Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

^^ I know i seen it.

How much do places around london charge to do swaps? (Maybe Honda-R in oxford)

As i don't wanna travel too far

16. Performancetek Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

for a decent garage to fit it your looking in the region of

17. Civic_J Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

18. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i think he meant

19. Performancetek Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

20. Tahir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Think you better speak to Daz @ DNR, he will quote you happy mate. :Wink: