5th Generation CR-V Coming 7 Seat ?

Discussion in '5th Generation (2017-)' started by legend-ary, Friday 18th Mar, 2016.

1. jcalvarez Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Jose Dunfermline
    The CR-V includes a 1.6 diesel with 158bhp. That will definitively be enough. Nobody buys a 7-seater for racing thrills.

2. exec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom London
    Kia & Hyundais look great, despite the fact that they have the old VAG designers, their designs are so much more edgy and striking than Audi's.

I'm liking what the CR-V looks there, going to be an evolutionary design of the current CR-V by the looks of it, and I guess the 7 seats is a keeper than judging by how longer it looks than current CR-V.
    - - - Updated - - -
    True, but at the same time no one wants a sluggish heavy car, as long as the 1.6 has enough tourque it should be fine, I would assume Honda would sell it with another slightly bigger engine for those wanting a bit more power.

3. jcalvarez Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Agreed, is one of the reasons I don't like the current Civic tourer. The 1.6 118bhp is too sluggish for me.
    - - - Updated - - -
    >>True, but at the same time no one wants a sluggish heavy car, as long as the 1.6 has enough tourque it should be fine, I would assume Honda would sell it >>with another slightly bigger engine for those wanting a bit more power.

Agreed, is one of the reasons I don't like the current Civic tourer. The 1.6 118bhp is too sluggish for me.

4. qc2 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom quince Bromley
    my FR-V is new to me and having only just brought it up to date with NAV and bluetooth I'd happily wait another 5 years!

SpeedyGee and legend-ary like this.
  5. jcalvarez Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

What I really want is an Accord Tourer with a detuned CTR engine. 200bhp will do :Smile:

6. exec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom London
    Why detuned? :Tongue: won't have enough torque for big heavy car, the 2.4 is perfect for the tourer.

7. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    What you really want is a K24 bottom end with a K20 head aka a K24 frank :Grin:

exec likes this.
  8. jcalvarez Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well, while I would of course like a K24, I'm now driving around 16k miles a year, could be expensive. I'm hoping that the detuned turbo from the CTR owuld have a better mileage, also better torque on low revs.
    Anyway, is just all dreams. Ain't going to happen :Frown:

9. exec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom London
    K24 fuel economy is near the same as the K20 in yours, but yeh there won't be any new Accord nor one with such an engine. But I am sure they will release a 10th Generation Civic in tourer guise with a decent engine such as the 1.5 turbo, thats if you want spunk lots of money on a new car!

10. jcalvarez Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

"thats if you want spunk lots of money on a new car!"
    I did that mistake (buying a completely new car) with my previous Accord. I only buy 1...2 year old cars, let somebody else suffer the depreciation :Smile:

11. legend-ary Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    exec likes this.
  12. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Ed Wiltshire
    A bit too much chrome for my tastes. Hopefully it will be toned down for (more cultured) British Honda buyers...

exec and Zebster like this.
  13. Ichiban Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    Chrome making a resurgence, but it may look better on another colour red does not suit that CR-V.

but a 7 seater with a 1.5 engine and packed CR-V with lardy @rses in yank land well I want to see that car move in first gear.

14. qc2 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom quince Bromley
    very Volvo looking rear lights. 7 seats would be the deal maker/breaker I think

15. exec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom London
    I just skimmed through, will read properly tomorrow, but I think it looks fantastic, they have certainly gone more upmarket, it looks very classy, the Honda range is really coming along nicely now, they just need to bring the Accord back and then add an affordable sports car and a city car.

Ichiban and FirstHonda like this.
  16. Zebster Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Far too 'bling'... Is the target market Katie Price and Victoria Beckham? I'm with @FirstHonda, dump the chrome!

Zoot, exec and FirstHonda like this.
  17. exec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom London
    Americans tend to like chrome, I think the EU version will have less of it...

18. Ichiban Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    It could be a picture with all the accessors on it, normally first shots are of every options on it.

exec likes this.
  19. jcalvarez Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I do like dark colours with chrome trims...but that red is definitively not the one I would go for.

20. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Greece Panos Nicosia
    7 seater with the same AWD system??? No hill climb test for this one. Not a joke. It will overheat with 7 people. The answer would be SH-AWD.

Last edited: Monday 17th Oct, 2016