3rd Party on other cars

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by a51, Saturday 28th Nov, 2009.

  1. a51 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

    Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone knew off any insurance comp that still offer the '3rd party on other cars' service? I know Bell used to do it, but don't think they do anymore.

    Are there anymore companies out there that still offer this in a policy or as a add on?

    Thanks, Asif :Grin:
  2. Shib786 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

    Hey Asif, I am currently doing this and I am with Co-operative (CIS).

    If you need any more info just PM me.
  3. DOHC87 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

    quinn direct do this. slightly expensive than other insurance but u can drive other cars third party. Eid mubarak
  4. seanyreeves Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

    Yes quinn are great with this done it for me when i was 17 !!! WTF??? i could drive anything haha
  5. Shib786 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

    Yeah the same with CIS, I was 17 when I got my insurance, people are shocked to see a little kid driving a new 5 series and a bentley :Grin:
  6. Dan Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

    United Kingdom Dan Oldbury
    Im currently with Adrian Flux, and they are offering me the third party on other cars but not Vans..

    I am 23 with a couple of NCBs under me though, so i don't know if that changes anything.
  7. a51 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆


    I'm 20, been driving for 2 years with 1 NCB.

    I'll give both a call and see what they say :Grin:

    Thanks guys... Much appreciated! :Wink:
  8. r883 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

    I get it on both my policys with AA and Prudential
  9. stepawayfromthemachine Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

    Give Esure a try to mate. I've got 3rd party cover on any other vehicle with them. Pretty good premium too.
  10. a51 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

    How old are you if you don't mind me asking?
  11. Bong Guest

    You usually have to be 25+ and fully comp for this to be standard on your policy and even then its with the owners permission and TPFT cover so if you wrap it your fucked

    I would double check before you start thinking you can go out in anybodies car legally
  12. r883 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

    I have had it on most of my policys even if the were TPFT and i am under 25

    Norwich Union used to do it as well
  13. Performancetek Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

    Also, some insurers state that the other car must have its own insurance policy, but this is not compulsary according to the road traffic act.

    However, if the other car isnt insured, and your using it with your TPO cover, then if you park it in a public place and leave it, an offence is commited as its only covered when your in it.
  14. a51 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

    Well that kind off goes without saying. I would only be covered if the other car is already insured and not owned by me.

    I know quite a few people in their 20's with this cover, and most off them are 3rd party aswell.

    I'm just gathering up all the companies that do the cover and ring them all up and see who gives the best quote :Grin:
  15. kaylea941 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

    Iv tried for ages to get this add on to my insurance, im 23 been drivin for nearly 6 years and with almost 6 years no cliams and i keep gettin told not until im 25
  16. r883 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

    who you with ?
  17. kaylea941 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

    Direct line. iv tried loads of companies.
  18. madvtecyo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

    same except i'm at almost 5 years no claims not 6
  19. DOHC87 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

    with quinn direct the car dosent have to have insurance and no age restriction
  20. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

    you do have do be over 25 to have 3rd party on other cars (very few companies 21) and if you have fully comp insurance and are under 25 then it will probably still state on you policy that you can drive any other car 3rd party but then it will state you need to be over 25 in the small print