Brochures & Promo 2017 CR-V Spy Photo

Discussion in '5th Generation (2017-)' started by PanayiotisPal, Thursday 15th Sep, 2016.

1. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Greece Panos Nicosia
    In USA CR-V comes with CVT ?? Is it not a USA article??? I think it applies even if CR-V is not mentioned. European CR-V 1.6D comes with ZF 9 speed automatic so in my opinion the problem should apply in Europe too.

Last edited: Saturday 1st Oct, 2016
  2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Ed Wiltshire
    Personally I prefer CVT gearboxes. Driven properly they are super smooth and economical.

PanayiotisPal likes this.
  3. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Greece Panos Nicosia
    :Smile: I would only agree with the FWD version, for the AWD version I have a different opinion. CVT does not have low gear/high toque unlike 5-9 speed automatic transmission.

Last edited: Saturday 1st Oct, 2016
  4. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Greece Panos Nicosia
    EX 6-Speed Transmission Vs. Elite 9-Speed - 2016 Honda Pilot Long-Term Road Test

It seems that the 9 speed ZF auto has no real advantage compared to a 6 speed auto transmission, though it comes standard with a start stop system which is by it self an advantage when switched on. If a start stop can work also with Honda's 5 speed automatic then that might be a better solution for Honda whose focus is reliability.

5. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Greece Panos Nicosia

At 2:05 Everyman driver wants to see the CVT being changed from CR-V. He does not like the CVT due to its AWD performance. He is testing CR-V in snow and off-road.

European AWD CR-V with Auto transmission (not CVT) performs better in the same conditions.

6. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Greece Panos Nicosia
    Gasoline and Diesel engines for the new generation of 2017/2018 Honda CR-V UK/EU :Smile:
    1. 1.5 VTEC Turbo Earth Dreams (175 BHP) with a 6 speed manual or a 9-speed automatic transmission
    2. 1.6 I-DTEC (160 BHP) with 6 speed manual or 9-speed automatic transmission.
    3. 2.0-liter VTEC gasoline engine, for the hybrid version, will include a pair of electric motors (one for each axle).

Last edited: Sunday 9th Oct, 2016
  7. legend-ary Club Staff H-Tune Community

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
  8. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Greece Panos Nicosia
    Excellent find. This is my favourite :Smile: Nice rims Hankook tyres
    2017-Honda-CRV-Touring-AWD-122-876x535.

9. TheDarkKnight Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sad to say that there just isnt enough step change here on the 5th Generation car. No doubt there will be subtle exterior changes on the European version(s) that will be Canadian built, but the front looks like the crappy Ford Ecosport.

And the black cladding over the wheel arches?? Stuck on plastic-tat.

Honda said it wanted to take the CR-V upmarket. This sadly isnt it on first impressions.

If you look at the change between the 9th and 10th Generation Civic, thats what Honda needed to raise the bar. I don't disagree with evolutionary design changes so long as they are for the good. I'd like to see the interior in the flesh as that seems to be the only redeeming feature this far. But the quality of materials and how tactile they are will discern between premium or lack thereof.

Unless this thing gets the 1.5/190BHP in manual, then I am struggling to see why I should change. I'm sure many will get this car if only not to have a crappy Nissan Qashqai or something else, but overall, I am left disappointed by the lack of change on this car. In the way the 3rd/4th Generation were massive changes, there arent as many, on first glance between 4th and 5th.

Petrol hybrid is also a must too. Otherwise I can see myself swapping for a facelifted Lexus NX in about 18 months time.

Last edited: Saturday 15th Oct, 2016
    Ichiban and Zoot like this.
  10. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Greece Panos Nicosia
    You were saying:
    Here is the interior with wooden trim too. I have not read anything about Honda upgrading CR-Vs AWD system. I agree with this concept: Petrol hybrid is also a must need, this is the only reason for me upgrading though I would prefer to get a more enhanced AWD system (torque vectoring and rear diff lockers). The design externally is impressive.
    2017-Honda-CRV-Touring-AWD-106-876x535.

Last edited: Friday 14th Oct, 2016
  11. TheDarkKnight Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Personally I'd prefer simple plain silver or black gloss inserts.

Those fake-wood things look craptacular. Suppose its garnered for the US market...

12. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Greece Panos Nicosia
    According to Honda Detroit spokes person, who revealed in public the CR-V 2017, the 1.5 Petrol engine will output 190 HP. (time 8:18). No mention of the hybrid model. No mention of any AWD upgrade. Where is the upscale??? Facelift model I guess in 2 years.

Last edited: Monday 17th Oct, 2016
  13. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Ed Wiltshire

It doesn't look as different 'in the flesh' as in the 'photos IMHO.

Ichiban likes this.
  14. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Greece Panos Nicosia
    I am sure this model will have higher ground clearance, if they really do benchmark with best in class SUVs as they say so. Audi Q5 has 20cm ground clearance. 4th Generation CR-V has 165mm. As Honda spokesman in this video says, they benchmark their SUV with best in class vehicles, including Q5 and X3. My CR-V 4th Generation AWD will match best in class SUV ground clearance, custom upgrade, in order to give me some more off road capability. Anyone with the 5th Generation European Specs???
    - - - Updated - - -
    5th Generation CR-V still looks similar to the 4th Generation. Mercedes GLC has copied more or less Audi Q5 design. Why not Honda??? Which one is Q5 which one is GLC?? Look the same to me :Smile:
    glcq5side. 2017-honda-cr-v_827x510_71476381521.

CR-V 5th Generation should come with the side skirts painted same as the body part. Black is not a good idea. Then it will resemble more to the best in class.

Also Audi Q5 has made 2.0 TFSI model with 211ps (in the past) and 225ps (present). This means that 1,5 engine would produce 170ps without over-pressuring the engine, this using simple analogy maths. Is it a good idea to produce a 2.0i VTEC turbo with 225ps??? Engine downsizing is more like VW tiguan and Audi Q3 strategy and maybe 190ps will have a negative impact on the engine life??? Maybe produce both 1.5 turbo and 2.0 turbo engine options??

Also CO2 of Q5 225HP TFSi is 184g/km and MPG 35.8. These figures are similar to CR-V 2.0i though Q5 has more punch/excitement due to the turbo capability. Men with the need of performance and design will tend to buy a used Q5 (17,000) instead of a new CR-V (34,000) and save money in the short term, though in the long term maintenance cost will be higher thus will reach same price.

Also front grill of CR-V does not look like cream de la cream / prestigious / expensive. I would like to see the black plastic grill under the lights to disappear and in place to adopt a more attractive fin type design similar to BMW or Audi. I can already imagine how the facelift should look like.

In addition Audi standard tires are:
    1. 235/60R18 = 739
    2. 235/55R19 = 741

how do these compare CR-V standard tires:
    1. 225/65R17 = 724
    2. 225/60R18 =727

Should Honda CR-V rims become 7.5J??? instead of 7J in order to accommodate 235mm wide tires??

Audi tires are 14mm larger in diameter and 10 mm wider.

Ground Clearance Audi is 20cm Honda 4th Generation is 16.5cm. This makes Honda CR-V with 3.5 cm less ground clearance. Honda benchmarking qualities are different than mine.

Also Quattro uses torsen center differential compared to CR-V front main wheel drive with rear wheel clutch pack.

Coming soon pictures with my CR-V 4th Generation 2013 with 20cm ground clearance compared to my Audi Q5 2010 with 20cm ground clearance. Near to each other they look similar, in terms of height width and length.

Last edited: Tuesday 25th Oct, 2016
  15. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Greece Panos Nicosia
    Last edited: Tuesday 25th Oct, 2016
    Racy Jace likes this.
  16. Ichiban Retired ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    Can't say their sources of that story could be accurate.A FK2 engine will be an awesome idea but can't see it happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk