200sx s13

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by midlandcrx, Saturday 14th Nov, 2009.

1. midlandcrx Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

i want one.

alot....

does anyone out there have one?

can someone tell me wether they are a good car?

shall i just keep my rexy

whats the crack then boys?

2. Ross. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

get a DC2 lol

3. JDMLJ Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You'll find people that go from Honda to a Nissan s13/14 ECT usuaully come back for various reasons.

I can't wait for the day though when i turn up to a DWYB day :Grin:

4. Pearse Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

i love em mate and seriously considered buying one for drifting as my mates do it in beemers but i wanted somat cheap & jap, i know a lad who uses one for drifting and its been fine so far but they a bit soft and quite a few iv seen on ebay and pistonheads are suffering from rod knock, alot of them always seem to have a "decent" spare engine but i was skeptical so stayed away.... stick with the rex mate :Wink:

5. greg Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I sold my s13 about 3-4 years ago and in all honesty it did take me a while to get use to driving it. But once you start to understand how it reacts you'll have a lot of fun. But you'll need deep pockets because whoever tells you they are cheap to own has never bought one.

The s13 especially have weak bottom ends and if it hasn't been re-built after 60-70,000 miles it will soon need to be.

But that being said I would still own another one...if only I had more money.

6. Gsung Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Good thread!! I'm planning to buy one next year for drifting..

Is the bottom end on a s14 any better??

7. al9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i assume all those going "drifting" are doing it on track?, only an absolute idiot would do it on a public road.

I don't see the fasination personally, why buy a car the won't go round corners properly?, also makes me chuckle as these old junk heaps were like 400-500 quid a few years back, they have now trebled in price since "drifting" became popular!

al9955

8. Pneuma Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

don't!

i made the mistake of getting one, you will be left very poor.

I wish i had spent the money on getting a decent Civic....lesson learned.

9. Lex. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've got one and I fooking love it. My only gripe is running costs, I've already had a lil trouble with it and petrol is a joke. In all honestly I wouldn't get one if its going to be your only car, it will spend time off the road. If you can just find a cheap one, don't get one with all the mods on it, as soon as they are played with is when they go wrong. If you get a standard one and do it yourself you know whats being done, and won't take it too far.

As far as I know the sr20 is a slightly better engine. Mine has the CA18 if the bottom end goes then they are cheap enough to pick up another for peanuts or I'll save a little more and stick and RB25 in.

Bottom line I think is. don't get one if its going to be your only car, it will go wrong and you will wish you had kept the honda.

10. Shaggy EK4 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

get an e30 2.5 very fun!

11. LIMER Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

IIRC there shit aswell :Smile:

12. @lex Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

not thought of a s15 spec r? they the ones to go for IMO

13. al9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

maybe its wrong for me to assume, but is he looking at an S13, which is priced somehwere between 1000-2000, i don't think he's going to be looking a

14. Pearse Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

sideways is properly lol, if you have ever owned a RWD you'll know how much of a buzz it is holding the arse end out, beemers are the ones to go for like, there strong lazy nature is ideal for drifting, like shaggy said E30's are really good for it, my mates use them one has a turbo'd cabby, the other has a 2.5 coupe, another has a 2.5 tourer (estate) and another has a E36 2.5 saloon, all have LSD's, IMO only the tourer is a drift car, the rest are too good to be sliding round a track lol

15. al9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i do own a RWD car, my last one was RWD, going sideways on a public road is just dumb, period.

al9955

16. captain_sl0w Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The SR20 makes the S14 a better purchase - it is a more reliable engine in terms of the tuning it can take while still retaining factory reliability. It does have its issues though and you'll need to google 'VVC rattle'. They also rust a lot less than the older S13s.

If you want an expensive long-term project car, buy an S13 - otherwise spend more (3000+) and buy a decent S14/S14a

17. @lex Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

18. Pearse Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ummm no one said anything about doing it on the road :Messed:

19. al9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

well the way it was expressed was not implied either way hence my comment below

unforunately there have been many threads about drifting with people doing it on public roads, hence my comment's.

al9955

20. greasemonkey Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

few years back, i used to have one.. its nice, sporty, quick.. but i found out it not cheap to run.. and i had two engine replacements.. then came to a s14 engine swap still the same, not reliable.. can't take the punishment like honda, since having a honda never went back to nissan..