Electrical & Lights 2006 FR-V Replacing instrument cluster lights

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by sjt26, Sunday 1st Sep, 2019.

1. sjt26 New Member Getting Started

Hi there,

I've just bought a well-loved FR-V 2.2 cdti 2006 - I think it's the Sport ES model - and I'm already getting stuck in to fixing a few bits and pieces. Thanks already for helping with a broken driver's window switch, which I fixed as per instructions on another thread. You guys have also helped me to diagnose the 60-70mph judder - looks like that might be a bit of a rabbit hole...

The next thing I'd like to do is see if I can replace the lights behind the instrument cluster. I reckon at least two of them have blown, making half of the speedometer almost invisible.

I can't find instructions on how to access the back of the instrument panel. I found instructions for an Accord, but not an FR-V. It would also be great if someone knew the part numbers for the correct bulb kits. Might as well replace all of them!

Thanks in advance.

2. Craig830 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Craig Rothbury
    It will probably be a case of removing the dash trim strips in the vicinity of the instruments (walnut coloured in my car), possibly the steering column shrouds from behind the steering wheel.

Have a look through this link to see if you can figure out how its fastened in:

https://www.parts-honda.uk/

Craig