General 2.2 i-DTEC rough jumping idle

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Accord515, Monday 27th May, 2019.

1. Accord515 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Darren Mc Daingean
    Hey guys just the last couple mornings or if the car is off for 4-5 + hours idle on the initial start up is real rough and jumpy and I slight chirping noise, this lasts for roughly 15-20 seconds.
    115000 miles and I got my EGR deleted 2 months ago and a full service using blue print filters and patronas 5w30 oil 3500 miles ago(will be changing to 0w30 Honda oil at next service but I don't think this is the problem)
    No lights or faults on the dash and no faults on computer when EGR was being doing including DPF ash level low.
    Any help is really appreciated!!!

2. Accord515 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

@Ichiban not starting to do it when car is warm also
    - - - Updated - - -
    Now*

3. Nels Club Moderator Club Staff

He no longer uses this site.
    Maybe @Zebster could answer your question?

4. Zebster Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sounds like the problems only started after the EGR delete remap was performed?

Does the chirping noise happen exactly when the rough running occurs?

5. Accord515 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey @Zebster yeah I got my EGR delete done just over 2 months ago now car was left at standard HP and the jumping just started last weekend,
    Since then I have changed where i get my diesel and it has eased up a lot,
    And yes but has since gone away since I changed diesel , the revs would be jumping and when they would drop to maybe 650 RPM it would make a little chirp almost like the auxiliary belt

6. Zebster Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You could almost blame it on having had a tank of bad fuel, but that chirping noise is weird!

Hope the problem doesn't return.

7. Accord515 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah I'm thinking that but it's still slightly there and when car is up to temp after driving I don't know how to describe it, it's like its pulsing or hunting going up and down slightly

8. Zebster Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Eventually the ECU may record a diagnostic trouble code... It may be worth looking now to see if there's already any pending DTCs? Probably best to now clear off all stored codes in readiness for one to pop up, then you can be sure it relates to the current issue ( and not some random long-gone historic fault).

MattBeardless likes this.
  9. Accord515 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Oh yes , thanks very much for the help il let you know if something pops up or what becomes of it. Thanks again