Civic/5th Gen 1992 white esi... The pile

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by Styles, Saturday 28th Nov, 2009.

1. Styles Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey guys...

As some people may know... I bought a complete pile of shite:Angry:. So i thought I'd start a little build thread to show how the pile is progressing...

I don't have any pictures from when I first got it, but these are a few from a couple of weeks after.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So far I have had the Rocker Cover Gasket replaced, a small idling issue resolved and an oil change...

Spec:

1992 esi

Skunk2 cam (maybe... unsure of this)

440 injectors...

Forged pistons and rings...

Skimmed head (?)

Jamex shocks and springs

Carbon fibre bonnet

Spoon Carbon fibre spoiler

(the () and ? are because this was on the list of bits in the car... but haven't been checked)

Great fun to drive... Speedbumps are a No No... bumper just hits them, and if it manages to go over then usually bye bye underside of car :Frown: wayyyy too low.

To come in the near future are:

New headlights and corners hopefully...

Respray and new arches and rust corrosion on floor plans rewelded...

New coilovers...

New wheels... 13's are a little bit diddy..

And maybe a few other little things

If anybody has any headlights or corners PM me :Wink:

Cheers for looking.. will update from time to time :Grin:

Alex

2. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

that is super low on 13's, you need some 15's ASAP.

you say its a complete pile, it don't look bad might mate, whats the main problems then?

3. Styles Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Haha I know I need something a little bigger.. or hike the suspension up a bit, but I don't think it's got adjustables on it...

Main problems...

Rusted to bits.. Rear arches are entirely filler :Grin:

Rear floor pans corroded, need to be re-welded

New headlights needed... Cracked and held together with cable ties * now sorted thanks to Chris at CCimports

No horn

Front wings need respraying

Need front arch liners

Rear seats not fitted properly and the holes where they bolt have been welded over?!?!

all interior panels missing

Engine management light on with no faults ??!!

Dent in roof with rust to accompany :Grin:

dent in boot.. which is black :Frown:

urmmm... think that's it atm... :Grin:

lol

4. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

sounds like the perfect car to me! But i love a project. Hope you didn't pay to much for it.

5. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I was thinking just that, lol :Grin:

6. Eazalee Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i reconise that number plate, has it been some1s on heres before?

7. zombie86c Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i don't get it dude..is it boosted? why you running 440cc injectors?? im sure ali on here had it and its been on ebay in the past..i like it im sure you will get it looking nice but im confused by your spec list..

8. Pearse Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

looks like a good project you got there mate, i love the carbon on a white shell look and you have the import boot hatch :Smile: i needs me one of those soon, i don't think its a genuine spoon spoiler tho as the angle looks a little too shallow but i could be wrong, other than that mate i hope you get sorted on what needs doing, im kinda in the same ship as you cos i bought a wreck not to long ago but it doesnt look like you have done too bad :Wink:

9. Eazalee Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

thats the 1 tom, ali's old 1?

10. Styles Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have nooo idea guys, I bought it off of a guy called sean in Oxford.. :Angry:

Just gave me a list of things in it... I haven't checked the injectors or spoiler, so I'm not entirely sure what they are, but that's what was on the list :Grin:

Cheers guys, will make an interesting project :Grin:

Thanks to Chris at CCImports I'm going to have the new lights and corners and arch liners next week...

Hopefully go into garage after xmas for the new arches, fill hole in roof and maybe black it(?) and fix dent in boot and respray wings :Grin:

hopefully...

More pics soon when it's a bit dryer and the lights have come..

11. dean85 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

looks a good base to me, just sort the wheels and arch's

12. Styles Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Right, little update...

With a few more pictures of interior etc...

Got new headlights thanks to Chris@CCImports, and fitted a HID kit with Dave, he's on her somewhere, got a Jordan, not that that narrows it down :Wink:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then gave it a clean, and took some pictures of interior...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the engine...

[​IMG]

However i found a loose bolt in the rocker cover, and it won't screw back in... is this a problem...?

[​IMG]

And i still need to fit this...

[​IMG]

So it's coming together slowly... Bodywork after Christmas...