General 10th Generation Saloon

Discussion in '10th Generation (2016)' started by earthsciencer1, Sunday 24th Feb, 2019.

1. earthsciencer1 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Bob Wetherby
    Nice to be back on here and apologies for a long period of absence from the site.

As I could not find any reference to it in the various threads I wondered if anyone on here has the new Civic saloon and, if so, what are your thoughts on it?

Ever since the Accord became unavailable here I have been looking at options but have not been able to find anything to my taste. The new Civic saloon is the nearest thing that I have found and to me, when looked at from the side, it does resemble the Accord. I have even seen reviews suggesting that it could be a popular choice for former Accord enthusiasts.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this please?

2. SpeedyGee The Invincible Admin H-Tune Community

England Speedy Birmingham
    I like the look of it and it does have very good reviews, I would certainly consider it as an option when the time comes.

3. TheDarkKnight Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

As a recent convert to the Civic but in hatch form - I did drive the saloon and found it to be a nice drive, but the hatch is better simply because of the more potent engines, spec and more practical boot space.

Theres nothing wrong with the saloon at all. Given that there was no hatchback 8th Generation Accord, the saloon more than sufficed.

But if you are in the market for a new Civic, the saloon just doesnt cut it against the hatch. Its a lot tighter, better handling, smoother to drive, more practical and the 1.5T engine like I have in my Prestige is simply unbeatable - and you cannot get that engine in the saloon. That on its own is enough to rule out a saloon.

earthsciencer1 likes this.