General 10th Generation Civic in the US

Discussion in '10th Generation (2016)' started by Ichiban, Saturday 3rd Dec, 2016.

1. Ichiban Retired ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    Just been looking at a dealer in the states and they publish VIN for the cars they sell. Just been cross examining the VIN and where there are made quite strange to find the 10th Generation Civic is sourced from three different factories.

The list of factory currently making the 10th Generation are list below, (The first three charterers on the VIN are the factory code)

NLA: Honda Turkiye A.S. Honda passenger vehicle
    93H: Honda Automoveis do Brasil Ltda. Honda passenger vehicle
    SHH: Honda of the U.K. Manufacturing Ltd. Honda passenger vehicle
    2HG: Honda of Canada Mfg., Honda Canada Inc. Honda passenger vehicle
    19X: Honda Manufacturing of Indiana, LLC Honda passenger vehicle

Have a look at the list of Civic being sold

New Honda For Sale | 2015, 2016, 2017 Civic Inventory | Wooster, Ohio | College Hills Honda

A few snips so you guys can see the cars just in case those cars drop off the search. What ever happened to Swindon being the sole producer and exporter to the world?

upload_2016-12-3_22-17-28.

upload_2016-12-3_22-18-14.

upload_2016-12-3_22-18-51.

Topper Harley likes this.
  2. Topper Harley Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Is Swindon on the way out ?

3. Ichiban Retired ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    I doubt it Honda thrown in millions into the Swindon plant, or the other factories will scale back when Swindon ramps up?

4. Topper Harley Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

There was an article in the Japan Times not so long ago wondering about the Swindon plant and how it would operate after brexit .

5. Ichiban Retired ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    I won't be too worried on that.

6. SayamaAccord Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Cliff County Durham
    The Sport gets 36mpg on the highway when the others get 40 - different tuning or gearing maybe.

7. Ichiban Retired ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    Sports is the extra BHP engine made in Swindon the other one is detuned turbo lower BHP.

andy83 and (deleted member) like this.
  8. FirstHonda Evangelist H-Tune Community

United Kingdom Ed Wiltshire
    Export to US from Swindon will be better post Brexit, especially with a new trade deal in place. Exchange rates will continue to fluctuate.

The 'risk' for U.K. plants is only export to the EU if no deal is done there. Since relatively little U.K. car production goes to the EU, there is more opportunity for plants here than risk, although supply chains may need to be reconfigured to avoid EU sourcing. No coincidence that the South Korean manufacturers who are targeting the US are keen to do a trade deal here and build car plants quickly.

The bigger risk is to the German car industry if there are tariffs, as so much of their production comes here. The perceived risk to car manufacturing in the U.K. was always an odd one for the remain camp to focus on, as it was never much of an issue as far as I could see - apart than for Nissan who were under political pressure from the French Government to make a fuss...

Anyway, if the Italian referendum goes against the sitting PM today, and Austria votes for Hofer as President, the EU will be in ruins within 5 years. Sorry, I meant it will be a BIGGER ruin...

tomwillie likes this.
  9. legend-ary Evangelist H-Tune Community

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    I thought only the hatch was exclusively built in UK.

10. tomwillie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Tom Royston
    1 US gallon converts to 0.833 UK gallon so 36mpusg in US is same as 43 mpukg in UK.
    My Civic 1.5 Turbo Prestige is was achieving calculated 44+ MPG in winter but now weather is a bit warmer I'm getting about 46+ MPG.