Engine & Gearbox 1.5 e-vtec to b16 conversion?

Discussion in 'Honda B-Series' started by cdonnelly, Friday 11th Dec, 2009.

1. cdonnelly Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

who done it ? need advice just blew my engine on my 1.5 :Frown: need help ...

what do i need / is it worth it ?

need advice ASAP looking for engines tomorrow?

2. Jake@redbitz Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

search dude..

But as far as im aware..

If you get a b16a2 comversion out of a ek4 you need

everything engine wise..

mounts

gear linkage

dash loom and ignition with key

engine loom

Out of a eg6

everything engine wise

engine loom

obd1 - obd2 conversion harness

shafts

EK mounts with ek4 rear mount

Thanks all i can think of the top off my head

3. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

you don't need dash loom at all. But if you want to use a obd2b ECU, you will need alk the immobiliser and key bits. So stay away. Stick to obd1 and 2a for management. If your using a engine from a eg6 you don't want its loom, you can use your own modified. Or you want a ek4 one. A EG loom will not connect to a EK dash loom! As for engine mounts you will need all ek4 mounts. Other EK mounts are for dseries and cannot be used. As said do a quick search. There are hundreds of threads with info on this. Only reason i posted cos original info was wrong.

4. Jake@redbitz Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

"A EG loom will not connect to a EK dash loom!"

I will with a conversion harnes.. someone on the forum has done it.. 60% positive of this haha. Apoligies if im wrong :Smile:

5. cdonnelly Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

can u get me a thread will a Dseries to b16 conversion mate ... i blew the crank shaft on my 1.5 may aswell do a conversion

6. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i've never come across a conversion harness for such a thing. Only ones that convert your ECU you plugs. You could do this but it will take a hell of alot of rewiring. And in my eyes is time wasted. If you use a EK loom then you will only have to change a few plugs- dizzy speed sensor etc. And maybe add a few wires like VTEC on the ek3 loom. It takes me about half an hour to convert a ek3 loom to run a obd1 b series. But i have had practice

7. Jake@redbitz Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

How much do you charge ? Gona be needing this done soon on my ek3 when it has its b16a2..

8. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i don't charge anything as its not my job. I just do it for myself or my mates. But am really trying to convince people to buy cars with the engine they want in. Its alot easy. Pm me as this isn't our thread. But if you aint far from me i don't mind helping for a good cup of tea and a pack of marylands.

9. tbukhtaw Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

10. cdonnelly Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

wish you were near me mate i need alot of help i blew the crank shaft on my 1.5 ... then my dad just said replace the engine as i was pricing for a crank shaft it about 150-200 over here getting one a misson. !!

would be better if i put another 1.5 but a D16Z8 headed it better than the norm 1.5 e-VTEC ??

11. al9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

its an easy swap, the best way is to buy a crashed EK4 and swap it all over, a very simple procedure.

if you have purcashed a B16 form an EG, you need to swap the loom to an EK4 loom (but swap the injector plugs and the IACV plug from memory), you'll also need the lower gearbox mount, lower engine mount and read T-shaped mount from an EK4, and use the 2 upper mounts from your current engine,

With either swap you will also need to get your self either a P73 ECU (JDM ITR) for simple plug and play, if you have the EK4 ECU, you could get it programmed to your car (via honda) so you keep the factory imboliser, or a P30 ECU (EG6) with the oppropriate conversion harness

al9955

12. pattys civic ep3 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

don't need a diagram tbh mate its all plug and play really! do some research into it if not il come help

13. Ek3_clover_green Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yeah cheers pat wen i get it wud u be able to help wid tha conversion mate is it the same as puttin a b18 in as a b16 cheers mate