0bd1 Phearable.net ecu on uk ek4

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by dan_vti, Friday 13th Nov, 2009.

1. dan_vti Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

right i purchased a Phearable.net obd1 ECU and harness to go on my 1998 ek4 apparently the ECU is for a JDM car and after plugging it in the car won't idle and its miss firing according to the seller its somethin to do with a sensor.any ideas on this?.thanks alot

2. wanstar Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

thats because its an EG ECU. the EG uses a valve thing under the TB for cold start to keep the idle correct. the ek4's ECU does this electronicly so they never came with the valve under the TB waxostat or something. have u driven it when warm does this problem persist?

3. dan_vti Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

didnt try it warmed up mate the seller said to me its somthing to do with the sensor and takes 5 min to rectify :Messed:

4. wanstar Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

knock sensor then maybe is it chucking a CEL code?

5. dan_vti Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

not sure mate everything works fine with standard ECU :/

6. wanstar Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

why do u need the fancy ECU? what mods u got etc? tbh it would be better one of the more electricaly minded guys post and help u m8 as i'm more a mechanical guy lol

7. dan_vti Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

yea i get what ur saying its not really a fancy ECU just would compliment my mods better (breathing mods)

8. wanstar Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

have u looked on their website. what did the last guy who had it get it maped for? if he got it maped for an aftermarket map sensor(turbo build) etc then u could have problems comne to think of it when my chiped ECU went tits up it was misfireing and spluttering and wouldn't rev past 4k.

9. LIMER Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

imports have a secondary o2 sensor on the cat have you got the management light on when it's started

sam

10. wanstar Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

the pherable ECU uses the ECU warning light as a shift light so doubt he will have any warning lights on. but as said above the do have a secondary o2 sensor that could be it