Exhaust System 02 Sensor 1 for Euro R

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by TenBallz, Friday 28th Jun, 2019.

1. TenBallz Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland TenBallz Ireland
    Just looking for advice on this one. Scratching my head for the past couple of weeks. Short version I'm failing my emissions test on NCT (MOT UK) test due to a faulty 02 Sensor 1 high voltage 1 issue so I've been trying to replace it which has become a pain.

Everything else is fine readings wise with the exception of my high idle which is keeping my CO2 levels high at 0.97 vol% when it should be below 0.20%. Hoping that replacing the sensor will solve the issue. Cars running rich and being a monster on fuel. No fun to drive lately.

So went to replace the sensor and I got a Denso DOX 1424 to replace the OEM one thats fucked. I've discovered that the new Denso part does not fit my Jap spec as the cable is only 24 inches and the location of plug is apparently different as well. I'm unsure of the Genuine part size but its definitely around 30 inches length. The Honda Genuine part on HTune is €350 as opposed to the €110 Denso one I have and don't fancy paying 3 times the amount. Everything is the same plugs wise except the cable length so tempted to solder on a few inches of cable in the middle.

I'm wondering if theres a Jap version of that Denso part. The part number I have discovered on a Russian forum of all things is Denso 211200-2063 of the original part haven't looked at mine yet but cannot see any references online of the Jap equivalent of the Denso DOX1424. Looked online to no avail.

Fairly tempted to just solder the extension on the new part I have and be done with it.

Couple of references for insight
    https://rmsmotoring.com/forum/threads/accord-cl7-oxy-sensor-plug-location.185739/

Possible Genuine Part number
    Honda - P/N 3651-RBC-003
    Honda - P/N 3651-RBB-003

Any advice appreciated!
    Thanks in advance

2. TenBallz Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland TenBallz Ireland
    On H-tune Genuine part number - 36531-RAC-U02

3. TenBallz Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland TenBallz Ireland
    Soldered the new Denso part using the old sensor cables as an extension. Engine light is gone cars running like a dream again.