A transient high tension (25,000 V) occurs at the bulb sockets of the high intensity discharge (HID) lamps when the combination light switch is turned ON, that may cause serious electrical shock or electrocution if you do not observe the cautions.
• Never turn on the combination light switch before fitting the HID bulbs to their bulb sockets and completing the reassembly of the headlight assembly.
• Do not service the headlights assembly in wet conditions, such as rain or snow, near a sprinkler system, or when your hands are wet to prevent electrocution.
• Do not touch the surface of the HID bulbs with your bare hands and do not stain it with any oils and fats.
• Do not disassemble the inverter unit and the ignitor unit.
• Do not turn on the HID bulb by using a power source other than the battery mounted on the vehicle.
- Turn the combination light switch OFF.
- Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
- Disconnect the Battery. NOTE: Some systems store data in memory that is lost when the battery is disconnected. Do the following steps before disconnecting the battery.
- Make sure you have the anti-theft code(s) for the audio and/or the navigation system
- Make sure the ignition switch is in LOCK (0).
- Disconnect and isolate the negative cable from the battery.Always disconnect the negative cable from the battery first.
- Disconnect the positive cable from the battery.
- Remove the screw from the inner fender, and pull the inner fender back.
- Turn the cover (A) 45 ° counterclockwise to remove it from the headlight assembly.
- Turn the bulb socket (A) 45 ° counterclockwise to remove it from the bulb (B).
- Pull the retaining spring (C) away from the bulb then remove the bulb.
Installing the New Bulb:
- Install a new bulb in the reverse order of removal. Make sure the notches in the bulb align with the tabs in the headlight.
- Install the parts in the reverse order of removal.
- Clean the battery terminals.
- Test the battery if you have a tester.
- Reconnect the positive cable (A) to the battery (B) first, then reconnect the negative cable (C) to the battery.
- Always connect the positive cable to the battery first.
- Apply multipurpose grease to the terminals to prevent corrosion.
- Do the accelerator pedal kick down click system learn procedure. If you have an automatic car. if anyone requires this let me know
- Enter the anti-theft code(s) for the audio system and/or the navigation system (if equipped).
- Enter the audio presets (if applicable).
- Set the clock (for vehicles without navigation).
You have now safely changed the HID bulbs without electrocuting yourself to death
OEM HID Bulb Replacement