Frame Hoist or Four Post Lift
- Difficulty Level:
Hoisting the car on four post lift or resting the Axel stands.
- Position the hoist lift blocks (A), or safety stands, under the vehicle's front support points (B) and rear support points (C).
- Raise the hoist a few inches, and rock the vehicle gently to be sure it is firmly supported.
NOTE: If you are going to remove heavy components such as suspension or the fuel tank from the rear of the vehicle, first support the front of the vehicle with tall safety stands. When substantial weight is removed from the rear of the vehicle, the center of gravity can change and cause the vehicle to tip forward on the hoist.
- Raise the hoist to full height, and inspect the lift points for solid contact with the lift blocks.
High Lift Floor Jack
- Block the rear wheels when raising the front of the vehicle; block the front wheels when raising the rear of the vehicle.
- Place the blocks behind and ahead of the wheels.
- Raise the vehicle high enough to insert the safety Axel stands.
- Adjust and place the safety stands so the vehicle will be approximately level, then lower the vehicle onto them.
Jacking Up and Supporting Safely
Stream 00-06 [RN1, RN3]