1) Warm Up Engine -Important,ensure oil is HOT
- Difficulty Level:
2)Vehicle - Lift
- 1. Allow the engine to reach operating temperature (fan comes on at least twice).
Follow this guide https://h-tune.co.uk/club/guides/lift-and-support-points-emergency-towing.1899/
3) Remove Engine Undercover Plate
4) Drain Engine Oil
NOTE: Do not overtighten. 40Nm Torque.
- Remove the drain bolt (A), and drain the engine oil
- Reinstall the drain bolt with a new washer (B) and torque to specification.
5) Remove Engine Oil Filter
Remove the oil filter with the oil filter wrench.
Install new oil filter with a smear of fresh oil on the seal or you can prime the oil filter with oil so it not running dry for the vital few seconds on start up.
6) Refill Engine Oil
Refill the engine with the recommended engine oil.
At Oil Change: 5.0 L (5.3 US qt, 4.4 lmp qt)
At Oil Change including Filter: 5.4 L (5.7 US qt, 4.8 lmp qt)
After Engine Overhaul: 6.6 L (7.0 US qt, 5.8 lmp qt)
7) Install Engine Undercover Plate
8) How to Check Engine Oil Level
- Park the vehicle on level ground, and start the engine. Hold the engine speed at 3,000 min-1 (rpm) with no load (in neutral) until the radiator fan comes on, then turn off the engine, and wait more than 3 minutes.
- Remove the dipstick, and wipe off the dipstick, then reinstall the dipstick.
- Remove the dipstick, and check the engine oil level. It should be between the upper mark (A) and the lower mark (B).
- If the engine oil level is near or below the lower mark check for oil leaks, and add the engine oil to bring it to the upper mark.
DO NOT OVERFILL THE ENGINE WITH EXCESS OIL, if you have drain the excess you have been warned.