This guide applies to both engines.
- Difficulty Level:
- Remove the oil filter assembly using the oil filter wrench (A) (P/N 04151-RBD-305 or equivalent). Use only socket type oil filter wrench to avoid damage to the oil filter cap.
- Separate the oil filter cap and oil filter element.
- Install the new O-rings (A) and oil filter element (B) to the oil filter cap (C).
- Apply new engine oil around the O-rings, then install the oil filter assembly to the oil filter housing.
- Tighten the oil filter assembly using the oil filter wrench (P/N 04151-RBD-305 or equivalent).
25 N·m (2.5 kgf·m, 18 lbf·ft)
Please upload picture of an actual DIY in the discussion thread of this guide for the benefit of the community of users. thanks
Diesel Engine Oil Filter Replacement
CR-V 08-12 [RE6] (N22B3 i-DTEC & N22A2 i-CTDi)