A transient high tension (25,000 V) occurs at the bulb sockets of the high intensity discharge (HID) lamps when the combination light switch is turned ON, that may cause serious electrical shock or electrocution if you do not observe the cautions.
• Never turn on the combination light switch before fitting the HID bulbs to their bulb sockets and completing the reassembly of the headlight assembly.
• Do not service the headlights assembly in wet conditions, such as rain or snow, near a sprinkler system, or when your hands are wet to prevent electrocution.
• Do not touch the surface of the HID bulbs with your bare hands and do not stain it with any oils and fats.
• Do not disassemble the inverter unit and the ignitor unit.
• Do not turn on the HID bulb by using a power source other than the battery mounted on the vehicle.
- Write down the frequencies for the radio's preset buttons.
- Turn the combination light switch OFF.
- Disconnect the battery negative cable, then disconnect the positive cable.
- Remove the battery.
- Remove the Torx bolt using a tamper-proof Torx T20 bit.
- Turn the cover (A) 45 ° counterclockwise to remove it from the headlight assembly.
- Inspect the rubber gasket on the cover, ensure its seated correctly and not damaged. Any tears rip replace the rubber gasket.
- Turn the socket (A) 45 ° counterclockwise to remove it from the bulb (B). Pull the retaining spring (C) away from the bulb then remove the bulb.
- Install the new bulb in the reverse order of removal. Make sure the notches in the bulb align with the tabs in the headlight.
- After reconnecting the battery, enter the anti-theft code for the radio and the navigation system, then enter the radio station presets
- You may have to reset the Auto function on your driver door see separate thread for that.
- Set the clock (for vehicles without navigation)
2003 Accord HID Bulb Replacement
Accord 03-08 [CL9, CM2] (K24A3)