Bought just barely a month ago for use of daily commuting to my new workplace.
My father has always had a fascination for Honda's, from his first 00' Honda Accord Type-R, to his 00' Honda CR-X and two Civic's (8th Generation 1.8 Diesel and Type-R) and I have had the pleasure to drive the latter three ones. He's always spoken well of Honda, and I knew that when it came around to me finally getting my first car, it would have to be a Honda. Well, it finally happened! This one is a real pleasure to drive. I bought it with the intention of commuting, but I wanted a decent engine size for long drives outside of the UK as well, and I thought the 1.6 would be great for this. It's got some age to it, but overall, it has been kept really well as far as I can tell.
Prior to buying it from the dealership, I asked to take it to a mechanic to look it over, and he found a couple of small things that needed attention. The dealership fixed all of this prior to me buying it. Some of the work that was done includes:
- Two new front tires
- New battery
- New wipers
- New window seal driver side
- Full MOT
I have since changed the air filter to a K/N as well.
There are still a couple of things that needs some attention, these I may or may not do myself, which will depend on the difficulty (since I have close to no mechanical knowledge):
- Oil filter
- Fuel filter
- Spark plugs
- Pollen filter
- Wheel caps. Need some new ones. Advice on which size I need is much welcome. Have tried getting them off with a screwdriver, to no avail. But two are missing.
- A/C is whistling ever so slightly now and then, will look into getting a refill/fix
- 12V is a bit dodgy, so will probably replace.
- Fog light driver side has got a leak somewhere.
- Wheels needs rotating, as there is definitely some unevenness when driving.
- Possibly consider replacing brakes (I don't know how long they are supposed to last)
And maybe in the far future when the money's right for it:
- Repaint car to metallic orange
- New black wheels
Civic 05 'Miko'
Daily Driver Owned by TheGreatDane