One often overlooked part when building an engine is the bearings. Getting a quality set of bearings can directly determine the longevity of your engine. We prefer ACL Race Bearings, and suggest them to all of our customers as well.
ACL has various types of bearings. These are their top-of-the-line race bearing which is meant for engines that will be seeing continual high RPM action and general heavy use. This is a performance bearing designed to cope with the most extreme conditions and a superior product to their standard OE replacement lines.
Please find matching rod bearings here.
If you are not machining your crankshaft whatsoever, select standard sized stock replacements in the options above. Your engine builder will determine if there's any benefit to running extra, or less, oil clearance however it is not needed for your run-of-the-mill engine build.
- High strength overlay plate with reduced thickness for improved fatigue properties.
- Hardened steel backs on all rod bearings to improve the support of the bearing lining and assist with bearing retention in the housing.
- Increased crush for improved bearing retention.
- Elimination of flash plating on the back of the bearings to improve heat transfer through the bearings and to maximize the grip between the bearings and its housing.
- Increased eccentricity to compensate for bore distortion at high rpm and to assist in the formation of hydrodynamic oil films.
- 3/4 grooved Main Bearings to optimize bearing load carrying surface area and oil flow to the conrod bearings.
- Tight consistent wall tolerances to help you maintain consistent clearances.
- Enlarged ID chamfers on bearing edges where required to accommodate large fillet radius on performance crankshafts.